• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi.

Zoy

I was diagnosed at 52. I feel comfortable knowing its not me doing it rather a kind of worrying that makes it difficult to do certain things. I cannot tolerate chewing noises or high pitch humming.
My partner wants me to be honest and tell what bothers me. She does not cope with it when I tell her the truth.
Confused.

welcome to af.png

HI and welcome @Zoy

Do read some of the threads in the Forum - there is a lot of life experience here, and you might find something that clicks for you in another's story

I was diagnosed at 52. I feel comfortable knowing its not me doing it rather a kind of worrying that makes it difficult to do certain things. I cannot tolerate chewing noises or high pitch humming.
My partner wants me to be honest and tell what bothers me. She does not cope with it when I tell her the truth.
Confused.
Hello I too have trouble with people chewing loud , high pitch frequencies, I just wear noise canceling headphones while people are eating and when tvs are on loud .I can still hear what people are saying , it just completely gets rid of the noises that bother me, in conjunction with the pressure of the band on my head . It is instantly comforting and helps .

Last edited:
Confused.
"Women don't want to hear what men think. They want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice." The beginning of the end of my marriage was when I believed an invitation to share was sincere.

That was difficult to read, because most prefer honesty in relationships. So it must be like you are closed off, and not able to express yourself. Do you think your style is super blunt? And your SO isn't able to handle this?

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome! Alas, differences in communication styles and preferences it the bane of many a relationship. Hopefully you may be able to have a true heart-to-heart to find what adaptations and accommodations may help in reducing friction and misunderstandings.

Not convinced that quoting Bill Cosby is
necessarily an appeal to what could be called
wisdom.

wisdom.
He lost the attribution from me. Do you think that he never got anything right at all?

wisdom.
This. Bill Cosby destroyed his career instantly thanks to the allegations that were made against him.

New Threads

Top Bottom