• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi!

LupinLady

I haven't been diagnosed, because an assessment here costs thousands of dollars, which I do not have.

This is my Aspie Quiz result, though:

poly10a.php

I have other physical challenges (chronic illness--specifically CFS and POTS), so I believed the struggles I now know could be related to autism were these other conditions I have, but I figure all of it affects the brain, so it is connected on some level anyway.

I have struggled with social isolation my whole adult life. But I am fortunate to have a romantic partner who understands me.

Thank you for this forum! :)

I haven't been diagnosed, because an assessment here costs thousands of dollars, which I do not have.

This is my Aspie Quiz result, though:

poly10a.php

I have other physical challenges (chronic illness--specifically CFS and POTS), so I believed the struggles I now know could be related to autism were these other conditions I have, but I figure all of it affects the brain, so it is connected on some level anyway.

I have struggled with social isolation my whole adult life. But I am fortunate to have a romantic partner who understands me.

Thank you for this forum! :)
Welcome. That chart looks awfully autistic to me. It may not be official, but I doubt anybody here will question your autism. We seem to be more knowledgable about autism here than most doctors.

Hi and welcome. Any chance your user name is in reference to the children’s story book? I used to read it to young members of my family.

Your photo reminds me of something from The Journal of Irreproducible Results, "Are Cats Solid or Liquid?"
View attachment 88502
Cats exist in a state of quantum flux. We are very lucky that we can perceive then in our universe. They only originally appeared to us so they "can haz cheezburger?" But they decided to stay in this realm as there are lots of places for sleeps and sits. We might not understand why they sometimes manifest in liquid form, but it's ok, they are happy enough it seems :smilecat:

It's always nice to have chances for kitty pictures.

OH, and welcome to the forum! I think you'll like it here.
fatheadcat.jpg

I should never have melted into that container.
I'll never get myself back in shape. :smilecat:

I am laughing so hard now!! Thanks for all the kitty humour, guys. I like it here already

It's nice to meet you Ericka (@mysterionz), and everyone else, too!

Kind of you to validate me, @Shamar and @Alexej! Thank you. I've seen some folks angry about self-diagnosis elsewhere on the internet, but I tried not to take it personally (even though I do feel a bit awkward telling people IRL who don't know).

And yes, @Rodafina! It is in reference to the children's book! I love that book, and when I moved to the East Coast and saw lupins for the first time in real life I loved it even more.

Sorry for the slow response. My executive function and time awareness are...lacking.

New Threads

Top Bottom