• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

ucrenegade

V.I.P Member
Thinking I have autistic burnout. Only knowing I have had autism for the last 5 years and still learning and dealing with it. Problem is I have been doing it among the neurotypical and it seems I am the hamster on the wheel getting nowhere or no answers.

9d351c4d0517b57736e8f07e12c3a6f4.png

Hamsters Unite.

Welcome! If you ever want to talk about anything, there's lots of topics, or you create one of your own too! :)

yes and no. I am not very talkative especially concerning emotions but it does seem finding friends as a adult is harder than when I had friends in high school. Not sure if it is because we are all immature in high school so even with autism you can fit it somewhat. I am finding as a adult in my late 30's and early 40's I can not maintain any sort of real friends. Granted I just found out I had autism in 2017-2018 around there.

Hi and welcome, there are resources here, and interesting threads to read where autism topics have been discussed. And you can make your own threads with questions too. I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

:grapes::watermelon::melon::peach::pear::pineapple::banana::strawberry::cherries:

Welcome to ucrenegade!
I'm 64 and only diagnosed in mid 50's.

I've found a lot of understanding here and answers. It has helped immensely.
Hope you find it as helpful.

Thanks it has been very rough I will say that. I am just Autistic enough where when people see me they say you don't look it. Which is not helpful when I can not decipher social cues or engage in small trivial talk then all of a sudden I go from not looking like I have autism to a guy that people say is a ahole. Now I am older I have been getting he is just a grumpy old man.

Hi there @ucrenegade and welcome, its a great forum here thats very open to all genuine kinds and types :)

I'm a 45y female but my usual persona is old man curmudgeonly, or so I'm told. So I hear you ;-)

New Threads

Top Bottom