• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

HI

DustMan82

It's My Birthday!
Hi. My name is Dusty. I was diagnosed with autism when I was three years old. It wasn't until 2005 when a therapist told me that I had Aspergers, a social form of autism.

I am here to get help with social skills and to hopefully find some friends on here.

I am very into video games. I am also into watching TV, sports, and movies, reading books, and taking walks.

I have a part time job doing janitor work at a regional grocery store which has gotten more stressful because of the pandemic and draining, but I am thankful I have job right now.

upload_2020-9-25_20-1-29.png

Welcome DustMan82
We complain all the time about wearing our masks at our employment place. It's definitely a big pain.

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

Hi. My name is Dusty. I was diagnosed with autism when I was three years old. It wasn't until 2005 when a therapist told me that I had Aspergers, a social form of autism.

I am here to get help with social skills and to hopefully find some friends on here.

I am very into video games. I am also into watching TV, sports, and movies, reading books, and taking walks.

I have a part time job doing janitor work at a regional grocery store which has gotten more stressful because of the pandemic and draining, but I am thankful I have job right now.
Hi Dusty, Welcome to the forum!

Hi and welcome. I'm interested to hear Aspergers described as a social form of autism, but it kind of makes sense. I think most of us here struggle with the issue of being in social contact with others, and how that all works. But it's probably right that with Aspergers / ASD 1, there's generally more that brings us into social situations such as the workplace, where we try to cope or fit in.

Probably a lot here would say they are best at interacting one to one, but some are more outgoing. I agree there's skills to be learnt, although I think there's also a core of issues such as slow processing and poor Executive function that make it hard for us and that don't go away, but have to be worked around. Hopefully you'll find out more and get ideas for social strategies here.

:bee::blossom::hibiscus::cherryblossom::beetle::seedling::herb::leafwind::sunflower::cat:

Welcome Dusty.
I like your forum name DustMan82.
Without Rain(Man), you get Dust! :rolleyes:

Hi Dusty,
Have you played "The last of us"?
What platform do you play on?
I have Played the first Last of Us on PS3, but never finished it. I have all the current consoles. Switch, PS4, and Xbox One. I will wait for a price drop before I get a PS5 and Xbox Series X. Also by that time, if there are any hardware issues, they will be fixed by then.

New Threads

Top Bottom