• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

Leahcar

Ghost Pokemon Gym Leader in Training ~
Hi there!
I'm really bad at these introduction things so bear with me lol
I'm Leahcar (though you can call me Leah for short) and I'm an autistic woman living in England. My interests are Pokemon, some anime, music, technology and sound design, and some other things.
I actually made this account ages ago but never thought to touch it until now.

Um...idk what to say other than looking forward to meeting you ~

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

I too enjoy Pokemon and some Anime shows

upload_2019-7-5_14-52-43.png

Welcome to Autismforums.com, Leah. I hope your time investment here will provide your with heaps of understanding, perspective, and hope. We are glad you have posted and look forward to your participation

BTW, if you don’t mind sharing what “sound design” is and looks like. I’m sure it’s probably something that everyone intuitively recognizes but I seem to be at a loss of understanding. I appreciate your reply in advance.

Thank you, everyone ^^

BTW, if you don’t mind sharing what “sound design” is and looks like. I’m sure it’s probably something that everyone intuitively recognizes but I seem to be at a loss of understanding. I appreciate your reply in advance.

Sound design is basically the process of creating sound tracks for media (for example, it's how the sounds are put together in a film or TV show, video game etc). I just find the process quite interesting and fun to do myself (hopefully I'm soon helping a friend of mine with the sound design of a short film he's making) ^^
This video is useful in explaining what the sound design process of a feature film entails in a few minutes, though is a bit dated (obviously nowadays it's done by digital means but the underlying topology is still the same)

Thank you, everyone ^^

Sound design is basically the process of creating sound tracks for media (for example, it's how the sounds are put together in a film or TV show, video game etc). I just find the process quite interesting and fun to do myself (hopefully I'm soon helping a friend of mine with the sound design of a short film he's making) ^^
This video is useful in explaining what the sound design process of a feature film entails in a few minutes, though is a bit dated (obviously nowadays it's done by digital means but the underlying topology is still the same)

Hmmm. I guess the term "sound design" has a different meaning up there in the UK then it does in the US. The term "sound design" here in the US means to design a sound system for a venue, i.e. Stadium, Auditorium or church. It involve the design and placement of speakers and amplifiers as well as the installation and placement of and acoustic control materials, i.e. sound deadening panels, etc.

BTW: Here in the US. We call your definition of "sound design", a "Foley" stage.

Hi there!
I'm really bad at these introduction things so bear with me lol
I'm Leahcar (though you can call me Leah for short) and I'm an autistic woman living in England. My interests are Pokemon, some anime, music, technology and sound design, and some other things.
I actually made this account ages ago but never thought to touch it until now.

Um...idk what to say other than looking forward to meeting you ~

You had me at pokemon.
A woman of culture, I see.

Welcome to the forums, Leah.
This is a good place to be and a lot of good people to share with.
Hope you enjoy!

Hmmm. I guess the term "sound design" has a different meaning up there in the UK then it does in the US. The term "sound design" here in the US means to design a sound system for a venue, i.e. Stadium, Auditorium or church. It involve the design and placement of speakers and amplifiers as well as the installation and placement of and acoustic control materials, i.e. sound deadening panels, etc.

BTW: Here in the US. We call your definition of "sound design", a "Foley" stage.

Interesting.
What you described I would describe as 'sound system setup' rather than sound design.
Foley is actually only a specific part of the sound design process though, it's when you start reproducing sound effects for film and video yourself (eg the process of recording coconuts bashing together for horses galloping, or recording footsteps etc).

Thank you, everyone ^^

That is wonderful. The music certainly can take a rather mundane sequence and make it much deeper and more meaningful. I’m betting it’s very rewarding work. Thank you for sharing. I’ve dropped into a rabbit hole on the internet researching this subject. Very cool.

Welcome!
I'm an Evil overlord, you can tell by my top hat.
Sound isn't my strong point unless you're asking me to identify explosives or shots fired and some engine noises - Kinda tone deaf - can't tell notes less than 2 steps.
Big fan of space, military and industrial technologies, If it goes BOOM I probably like it.
Also a fan of transhumanist concepts and the ethical conundrums that come up.

New Threads

Top Bottom