• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi

Raisedbywolves

Grew up in the desert, where most of our friends had neither electricity or plumbing. I always felt a strong connection to the dogs. Running with them I could be free. I fell asleep each night to the songs of coyotes.

Now I live in a big, dirty, rainy city in the Pacific Northwest. All I have of my past is the frantic need to walk barefoot, and put my fingers in the earth as much as possible, collecting herbs for medicine and food.

In the last few years I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. This has made a profound impact on my life and changed everything from my self worth to my worldview, to my personality and goals.

I am a mother to an amazing, kind, empathetic teenager. She wows me daily with her insight.

Maybe someday I will get us out of abject poverty and back to the desert so that she too can run with the dogs and be free.

Hi Raisedbywolves

welcome to af.png

Hi Raisedbywolves. Daily I yearn to be in the desert - summer is coming and there will be green everywhere and I hate it. But all my kids are grown with their own families, living here in NC, and I can't leave them and be so far away. My kids wowed me a lot, too. Now my grandkids are wowing me, too. But let me say one thing - once your daughter is grown and decides where she wants to live - could end up being the city - your dream of sharing what you love so much is narrow. Out of 4, I have 1 son that has the same love for the west as I do and that didn't happen until about 4 years ago when he finally made his first trip out to Co and Utah - not he goes every chance he gets and I'm certain one day he'll be living out there.
Welcome to the forum. :)

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi Raisedbywolves. Daily I yearn to be in the desert - summer is coming and there will be green everywhere and I hate it. But all my kids are grown with their own families, living here in NC, and I can't leave them and be so far away. My kids wowed me a lot, too. Now my grandkids are wowing me, too. But let me say one thing - once your daughter is grown and decides where she wants to live - could end up being the city - your dream of sharing what you love so much is narrow. Out of 4, I have 1 son that has the same love for the west as I do and that didn't happen until about 4 years ago when he finally made his first trip out to Co and Utah - not he goes every chance he gets and I'm certain one day he'll be living out there.
Welcome to the forum. :)

I have a friend who moved to Tombstone Arizona when her husband retired because they loved the old west history <3

Hi and welcome to the forums!

I was born in Arizona and it has always had a pull in my heart.
I love the desert too.
Now I'm in Florida and don't like the climate. But, like you, I'm rather stuck.
At least there are small ponds and woods behind the house so I still have coyotes and owls to hear at night.
Jerome,_Arizona_(3).jpg

:)

New Threads

Top Bottom