• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi - Trying to learn more about autism

Connor L

Hi!

I'm Connor, a computer science student at BYU. I'm part of an innovation fellowship and my team and I are working on helping people with autism with challenges they face.

I want to learn more about autism. If you'd be willing to chat with me, I would really appreciate it!

upload_2020-3-17_18-22-11.png

Welcome Connor!

Just reading some of the posts will tell you a lot.
If you have specific questions you can post them for multiple answers or if you like
you can pm me. :fourleaf::blush::herb:

Hi and welcome I hope you enjoy it here and have some useful ideas about what's helpful. I see a challenge for you in your saying you hope to help 'people with autism', as this is a vast spectrum, and what may be helpful will vary a lot. Good luck though.

:snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake::spoutingwhale::snowflake::spiralshell::snowflake::spiralshell:

Sup Conner & welcome!

I think it's wonderful what you & your team are doing. whatever it is.lol
But you seem genuine enough about learning more about us.

Like others have said, just browse around or ask us directly.
We're a pretty friendly bunch most of the time ◔◡◉

Feel free to message me if you feel inclined to.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody! I really appreciate the help. Of my group, I have the fewest friends on the spectrum, a few of my friends have been working for years at schools / post-high programs, so I have some catching up to do.

We're currently focusing on sleep. If anyone of you would be willing to chat for 15-30 minutes about your sleep quality, nighttime routine if you have one, etc., could you send me a message?

We're currently focusing on sleep. If anyone of you would be willing to chat for 15-30 minutes about your sleep quality, nighttime routine if you have one, etc., could you send me a message?

Sure
But to be honest, I have trouble initiating conversations sometimes.
Sad but true.
( '︵' )

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom