• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi to all

apcarlson

I was diagnosed when i was 2 or 3. i had special pre-school teaching and therapy. then i thought they told me that i didn't have it anymore. but, in reality, i still had it, but it was basically the bad parts of aspergers was not as intense, and the good parts of aspergers were just as intense. but, i think i suffered a lot of heartache and grief over the years, because of not having the awareness that it was still affecting me. i became curious, though, as time went on, and i learned about it, and i realized there were too many things about me that it couldn't be coincidence. it was official, i was still being influenced by it. so, now, i am much more acknowledging of it, understanding of it, and happy about who i am. however, my intensity is very extreme. and, if i feel like i closure to something, and i don't get it, I will not be able to function. i always love to focus on what i'm dealing with. i think i have a special type of asperger's where, basically, i can change from one thing to another. like, for most apserger's they have a small narrow interest that stays with them in life. for me, I have small narrow interest that changes constantly, though, its all in the category of a major overall category, that kind of is all encompassing. so, basically, i have the potential to be asperger's about anything i want to focus on. the category is God and morality. My entire life, as I think it should be for everyone, is revolved around God. However, to me, since I see God as most important, I will often try to relate everything i can to something about God, religion, morality, you name it. I thrive on knowledge and learning about whatever is relevant for my faith and understanding. But, whenever i am interested or curious about a specific topic, i devote my time to figuring out the answer for that specific topic. When I am satisfied with an answer, i move on to a new topic. I often revisit topics when I gain new relevant information in other topics that i focus on. anyways, that's me. i changed my name to Anayah, to convey to myself and others that I feel like I have a new identity, one that has been changed from what it used to be due to the ever increasing knowledge and understanding of this world.

Welcome to the forums, Anayah. :) Interesting logic on your name change.

Religion and morality? Surely that's an oxymoron? :S.
Sorry.
Just had to.
Regardless. Welcome to Aspergic.
Hmm... you're personality is rather confusing to me. It contradicts.
You seem _too_ positive. LOL.
EMZ=]

New Threads

Top Bottom