• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Well, I am actually feeling rather shy, even scared, to be joining your forum. I am self-diagnosed, & I realized I was autistic about a year ago, by reading autistic people's own personal stories. My therapist, who I've been seeing for a long time, agrees with me & says that autism is the best explanation for my quirks & problems. I hope to get an official diagnosis from a neuropsychologist someday.
The reason I feel shy & scared is because all my life I've had trouble communicating & socializing with other people, including many embarrassing incidents on social media that have made me give up on social media altogether.
I usually prefer to spend my time in solitude, but I do feel a need to connect with other people. But I'm afraid to express myself in any way because I might alienate or offend people. I also have a lot of anger inside me, & it has come out in really bad ways on social media. I feel so disconnected from everyone & everything, I have never felt like fit in or belonged anywhere, & I have no idea what to do about it. I feel like I've never had a life.
I have a heck of a lot of things I need to talk about. It's all been building up inside of me my whole life.

Hi Spacegirlalienfairy :)

welcome to af.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process :)

Welcome to the forums, Spacegirlalienfairy!
Good username, I like your avatar also.

This is a good place to talk things out.
To use your quote:
I feel so disconnected from everyone & everything, I have never felt like fit in or belonged anywhere, & I have no idea what to do about it. I feel like I've never had a life.
I've always felt the same way.
And it's OK to let the wall down a bit here as others understand.
Welcome-Animation-DG123290.gif

I still feel like that after nearly two years i accept pain instead of the vitreol social (more like poison)media produces .
im wary of communicating with humans

New Threads

Top Bottom