• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi New Here (but kind of not)

Dillon

Hi everyone!

guess you’re are all wondering why my title says “New Here(but kind of not)”

I kind of suck with introductions. For those who don’t know me my name is Dillon and I am from Texas well the gulf coast region of course. I am currently working in a masters in marine enviromental management where I will be graduating next May and I am really excited about it. My plan is to go into the educational field and teach either middle or high schoolers. I have such a passion for teaching from experience I have done for a year now at my college as a graduate student.

As far as anything else goes about me I like to draw, listen to metal, and spend time outdoors.

Since I got that out of the way let me say that I haven’t been here for almost 3 years. I had been on a community app called Hiki (not sure if anyone has ever heard of or ever used it) but I have been finding that community has been pretty toxic in how neurodivergent individuals are treated and quite a bit of sexism and narcissism that goes along with it. Because of that I had steered away from that and thought why not just come back here and give it a shot.

hope to meet some of you!

@Dillon Campbell

It's been a little over a year since you last
posted anything here. I had to look because
it didn't seem to me that it had been 3 years.

Not including today, your most recent posts
were in mid to late February, 2021.

Welcome back @Dillon Campbell . Hiki sounds like a toxic place, unlike here.
Oh I would say so. Apparently it was suppose to be an “inclusive” app for autistics but in reality it’s not. I’ve only been on there for a good few months to find people to meet and my therapist recommended it to me. The things that some of these people call you such as a narcissist, demeaning, and ignorant. Had one person told me to screw off all because I was saying a nice thing on his post or something like that. I know what site I won’t be using anymore.

Hi, glad to see you! Hope your studies are going well. Sorry to hear people were mean on that site. It sounds like it was not well moderated either. We are luckier here.

Hi, glad to see you! Hope your studies are going well. Sorry to hear people were mean on that site. It sounds like it was not well moderated either. We are luckier here.
Honestly no not really well moderated as they allow a lot of sexism, homophobia, and rudeness to go around.

my studies are going really well! I graduate in May with my masters. I am also planning on being a certified teacher as I am planning to teach after graduation. I have been working as a teacher/instructor at my college as a graduate assistant for a freshman ocean science class class for at least a good year and I’ve enjoyed that so much. These are literal kids I am teaching either straight out of highschool or their second semester at Uni. A lot of my former students have so been great and interesting to work with.

New Threads

Top Bottom