• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

hi my name is will. i live in the north east us. havent been in a as forum in a long time but im in the mood to be "around peers". ive gone to a couple support groups in the past. i come across as either higher functioning than i am or as nt to most people and then feel like i have to keep up the act or prove my dysfunction. so i dont go to those anymore. the past couple years ive been working on the whole self acceptance thing. not controlling my aspergers as much has helped allot but acceptance or at least a level of it is kind of depressing. im trying to make a life with what ive got, lower my expectations. lol (but not too much). not expecting any responses. ill probably peruse old posts looking for insight.

upload_2017-5-31_12-7-4.png

Hello will welcome from north east England
i don't go to support groups but AC is good as you don't have to be the energy killing version that people really want

Hi Will. :) I just recently joined this forum myself. I feel like Batty Koda from FernGully, "...we should stay here, it's nice here." :D

Hi Will! I totally get the big effort that means acting the part. When I was a teenager I did it, and I was "succesful" at it. A lot of guys liked me and I was very popular. But then, out of the blue, I just couldn't keep up the farse anymore. I got depressed and started binge eating for a few years. Then I recovered.
After that episode, I've tried to "be myself" all I can because if I don't , it all goes down the hill very fast.
Now I've discovered that I've been in denial with a lot of stuff, and I'm starting, again, to recover.
WELCOME , I'm new here too and I think the aspies have accepted me into their culture (Toy's Story ref...) .

Hi Will! I totally get the big effort that means acting the part. When I was a teenager I did it, and I was "succesful" at it. A lot of guys liked me and I was very popular. But then, out of the blue, I just couldn't keep up the farse anymore. I got depressed and started binge eating for a few years. Then I recovered.
After that episode, I've tried to "be myself" all I can because if I don't , it all goes down the hill very fast.
Now I've discovered that I've been in denial with a lot of stuff, and I'm starting, again, to recover.
WELCOME , I'm new here too and I think the aspies have accepted me into their culture (Toy's Story ref...) .
yeah same with me. i was pretty social and dated and all that while in school. alternative schools so the standards were lower. but soon after graduating realized how paper thin my coping skills were

New Threads

Top Bottom