• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, my name is Jim

JimAsian1

Hi, my name is Jim, 54, and still seeking to find if I have Autism Spectrum Disorder or Asperger's Syndrome. I wrote a lengthy message earlier, sorry if this is not where I was supposed to post this. But I'm just trying to find out if I have some form of Autism or Asperger's Syndrome. My life is pretty bad in that I don't have social relationships, am isolated from my family, and am jobless and am pretty directionless, never ever having a girlfriend or romantic relationship. Very sad, but that's where my life is. I was hoping to at least get some form of diagnosis so at least this could explain why my life has turned out the way it has, but unfortunately the Center I went to said I don't have Autism. But I still feel I have some form of it however minor it is. I can function on a higher function, but I have huge problems with relating with people and making it in the real World.

That's who I am.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim

welcome to af.png

Hi Jim

I came here some year's back, seeking the same question and this year, got my diagnosis, which is called: ASD - autism spectrum disorder; formally known as aspergers ( I summerise that it is do to with Han's Asperger having been a nazi sympathiser, to why they want to get rid of the termology).

My therapist stated that I do not have classic autism, which is pretty obvious lol.

It is easier to diagnose males with ASD, because for the most part, males are not as good at hiding their condition.

Also, just to add: look back on your childhood for clues, because one is born with ASD.

Hi Jim and welcome. There could be a number of reasons for the things you listed, one possibility is ASD, but there are many others also.

Welcome Jim. The only thing I can advise is going to seek a second diagnosis really. Good luck!

Welcome JimAsian1 to the forums.

There are quite few people who aren't sure yet on what their diagnosis really is that join here.
I hope you feel at ease to look around and see how others have found answers.
A lot of good people here always willing to answer and help if we can. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom