• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi! I’m new

Emery

Hi everyone … I’m Emery (from Toronto)

I’m an undiagnosed Aspie. When I was young both of the phycologists I saw thought I had ASD but didn’t formally diagnose me. I know one of them was worried about the stigma the label would bring. Over the past year I’ve finally started reading about what it is to have ASD. It’s been a surreal experience. After feeling incredibly alone most of my life picking up and book and feeling so deeply understood is weird in the best possible way. I have been trying to get a formal diagnosis but seem to keep hitting walls. Doctors have told me I’m “just anxious” or that ASD is really complicated to diagnose… I’ve made it this far in life, why bother now? It’s been really hard and lonely.
So I’m here… hoping to continue to learn more and talk to people who understand.
So yeah… thats me!
Happy Friday everyone!

Hello Emery and welcome. I really think that we can help you and that you have found a good place here. For my part, I have gained so much understanding that I live in a different way now. No, not every single day is happy, and the struggles are still very real, but there is a new way to live that includes getting support and understanding things on a deep level, and knowing that there are some people out there who can understand and relate. I hope we can be supportive to you.

1685708491973.png

Hi @Emery. I just self diagnosed a few weeks ago, and it is a whirlwind. I've had people say "I think you may be on the spectrum" before but it didn't really mean anything to me. And then I realized "oh that's autism, let me look at that" and it just ... wow.
So I can relate to you right now. I have no desire at this time for an official diagnosis, and I have found this forum and other resources invaluable to making sense of it all. It tends to be very friendly and supportive here.
So, welcome and I hope to see you in the main forums.

Hello and welcome to the forum, Emery! There are many others here who don't have an official diagnosis here so I'm sure you'll fit right in! I hope you enjoy yourself on the forums and let us know if you need help with anything!

Welcome, @Emery

I get where you are coming from. I was lost with that myself for a long time till I started looking at Aspergers and Autism. We can help you get on the right path. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you need any help.

Hello Emery and welcome. I really think that we can help you and that you have found a good place here. For my part, I have gained so much understanding that I live in a different way now. No, not every single day is happy, and the struggles are still very real, but there is a new way to live that includes getting support and understanding things on a deep level, and knowing that there are some people out there who can understand and relate. I hope we can be supportive to you.
Hi Rodafina! Thank you for your kind words! I have 100% found that learning about myself and finding like minded people is incredibly helpful to me. I definitely feel that this website will offer that :) Life will never be perfect but it will always be an adventure... and adventures are best when shared with others. Especially people who walk a similar path.

Hi @Emery. I just self diagnosed a few weeks ago, and it is a whirlwind. I've had people say "I think you may be on the spectrum" before but it didn't really mean anything to me. And then I realized "oh that's autism, let me look at that" and it just ... wow.
So I can relate to you right now. I have no desire at this time for an official diagnosis, and I have found this forum and other resources invaluable to making sense of it all. It tends to be very friendly and supportive here.
So, welcome and I hope to see you in the main forums.
Hi AdamG! Whirlwind is such a good word for it! I feel like my perspective on my entire life has shifted a little... its a bit disorientating but in a good way. Suddenly things that I thought were just me being strange make sense. I'm so happy this forum has been helpful to you. I'm sure it will be to me as well :)

Hello and welcome to the forum, Emery! There are many others here who don't have an official diagnosis here so I'm sure you'll fit right in! I hope you enjoy yourself on the forums and let us know if you need help with anything!
Hi! I was really nervous about joining this forum without an official diagnosis so thank you for the reassurance it means a lot!

Welcome, @Emery

I get where you are coming from. I was lost with that myself for a long time till I started looking at Aspergers and Autism. We can help you get on the right path. Don't be afraid to ask questions if you need any help.
Hi Xinyta... I can so relate. The first time I read a book on Asperger's I got this gut level feeling of coming home. Its funny that you never know how lost you are/were till you find were you belong.

Hi and Welcome @Emery

THis is a good place to hang out and learn more about yourself, through the interaction with the others on these Fora.

New Threads

Top Bottom