• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I’m new

tommynewage

Hi, I’m Stephen. Glad to be here. I was diagnosed with Asperger’s Syndrome by the TEACCH organization in 2004. I play piano, love history and philosophy. I’ve been reading a lot on the subject of gender. It is my ‘special interest’ now. Mine change a lot. I also collect US coins and old baseball cards. I’m getting into painting and bird watching. Anyway, those are my interests. I work as a delivery driver now but am wanting to finish school. Hope everyone had a good Saturday. Thanks for having me.

1675558989877.png

Hello and welcome, Stephen. It’s lovely to have you here. Sounds like you have a cool diversity of interests and I imagine and hope that you will enjoy your time here. If you need any help settling in and finding things, there are lots of us that are willing to help out!

Welcome Stephen! :) I'm sure you will like it here! :) I'm sure you will find lots of members here share some or all of your interests! There's a few musicians and artists here too! :)

Welcome!

I like history too. What type(s) of history do you like? I like social history (how people lived at a certain place at a certain time)

Hi Stephen, welcome! :)

My gender identity has fluctuated a lot as well, and you will meet others here who identify as something other than cisgender :) I use she/her pronouns but I identify as genderfluid and a lesbian.

There are a lot of artists and musicians here, as Mildred has pointed out. I'm both! I am also into painting.

There are a lot of friendly, welcoming, and helpful people on here who will be happy to support you and offer you advice and a sense of community. Hope you enjoy it!

Hi and welcome. Did you mean your special interests change a lot, or your gender changes a lot? Or both? As they aren't mutually exclusive. Just clarifying. What would you study in order to finish school? I am in the UK, adults can study at college, or at university, or on the job with day release, etc. Depends what they are aiming for. I hope that you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

Welcome to the site.

What history timeframe do you enjoy studying? What do like about studying gender and such?
Great you are here, and we are open 24/7.

Welcome @ tommynewage.

There are a lot of diversity of interests here. Glad you found us.
I like philosophy and art.

Welcome-Animation-DG123290.gif

Hi and welcome. Did you mean your special interests change a lot, or your gender changes a lot? Or both? As they aren't mutually exclusive. Just clarifying. What would you study in order to finish school? I am in the UK, adults can study at college, or at university, or on the job with day release, etc. Depends what they are aiming for. I hope that you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.
Hi, thanks. My special interests change a lot, not my gender. I only have a year of college left to do and my major is history with a minor in philosophy. I’ve been to the U.K. and I loved it. I was in London and Cambridge. This was in 2006. I really liked Cambridge. It seemed very peaceful and the grass was the greenest grass I’d ever seen.

Welcome!

I like history too. What type(s) of history do you like? I like social history (how people lived at a certain place at a certain time)
I was in a phase when I was reading a lot of medical history. Now I’m in a history of gender and sexuality phase. Social history is definitely my jam.

Welcome to the site.

What history timeframe do you enjoy studying? What do like about studying gender and such?
Great you are here, and we are open 24/7.
Any time frame but I have a kind of romantic love for the 19th century. I like studying gender because it was an area of history I didn’t know much about and it’s so conspicuous in the news in America these days. I really wanted to educate myself and it’s interesting how fluid and flux gender is. Glad you’re open 24/7 because I keep strange hours.

Hi, and Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay here in the process!

New Threads

Top Bottom