• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I'm dhl02

dhl02

Hi, I"m dhl02. Was diagnosed at 18, now 30. Been having trouble finding full time work and my general way in life. I currently work at wonderful supportive company for Aspies. The biggest personal goal for me is becoming independent, both financially and learning the life skills to move out of my folks place. Look forward to talking with everyone!

welcome.png

hi dhl02,welcome to AC!
im not sure i understand your job,when you say you work at a company for aspies,does that mean you are supporting aspies or the company is just for aspies to work at?
im just interested as i know how badly the care industry needs aspies/auties to work with and advocate for those of us further down the spectrum,though at the same time i know there are a lot of smaller companies out there who support people with some sort of impairment/condition to work,whichever one it is im glad its working for you.

Hi, I"m dhl02. Was diagnosed at 18, now 30. Been having trouble finding full time work and my general way in life. I currently work at wonderful supportive company for Aspies. The biggest personal goal for me is becoming independent, both financially and learning the life skills to move out of my folks place. Look forward to talking with everyone!
Hi, Welcome

hi dhl02,welcome to AC!
im not sure i understand your job,when you say you work at a company for aspies,does that mean you are supporting aspies or the company is just for aspies to work at?
im just interested as i know how badly the care industry needs aspies/auties to work with and advocate for those of us further down the spectrum,though at the same time i know there are a lot of smaller companies out there who support people with some sort of impairment/condition to work,whichever one it is im glad its working for you.
Most of the people who work at my company are Aspies. We have one NT who works on the floor, and the other NTs are in upper management. The company was started by two parents of an Aspie who were disgusted with the way that NT jobs treated and accomodated Aspies. So, our company was born.

New Threads

Top Bottom