• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi, I think I have aspergers, I'm not sure

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I don't know if I have aspergers or not but I seem to exhibit some of the symptoms. I have issues speaking properly, I take things too literally, I sometimes either stare too much at people or I make too little eye contact with them and constantly look away and I'm also very socially awkward and say weird, inappropriate things at times. So do I have aspergers?

cfa42160c3079773745885a8a29d0dfd.png

Hi and welcome. We can't tell if you have Aspergers, but it sounds like you have some aspects that people with Aspergers have. You can research it more, there are resources here, also check out Jessica Kingsley publishers, they have plenty of texts about the autism spectrum, and Tony Attwood is an expert who writes well about this too. Join in discussions here, post some threads, see what you think.

:herb::hatchingchick::hatchedchick::hatchingchick::hatchedchick::hatchingchick::hatchedchick::hatchingchick::hatchedchick::herb:

HI and Welcome @Justanotheraspie

This is a good place to check if you might have autism. Do read some of the posts where people are looking into the issue of whether they are autistic or not. (the search function is good here).

Read some of the posts and see if what is written fits you

Hi JAA and welcome to the forums :). Yes, it is possible you have Asperger's. I think the online screening tests like the AQ are a good place to get a quick idea how strong your ASD traits are. I am surprised that someone your age would have got assessed while in school. But I don't know where you're from or how your school years were. Here is a link to the AQ: Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ)

Last edited:
Hi and welcome. We can't tell if you have Aspergers, but it sounds like you have some aspects that people with Aspergers have. You can research it more, there are resources here, also check out Jessica Kingsley publishers, they have plenty of texts about the autism spectrum, and Tony Attwood is an expert who writes well about this too. Join in discussions here, post some threads, see what you think.

:herb::hatchingchick::hatchedchick::hatchingchick::hatchedchick::hatchingchick::hatchedchick::hatchingchick::hatchedchick::herb:
Thank you, I will definitely look into those resources.

Hi JAA and welcome to the forums :). Yes, it is possible you have Asperger's. I think the online screening tests like the AQ are a good place to get a quick idea how strong your ASD traits are. I am surprised that someone your age would have got accessed while in school. But I don't know where you're from or how your school years were. Here is a link to the AQ: Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ)
Thanks! Oh, what do you mean by I got accessed while in school?

Hi JAA and welcome to the forums :). Yes, it is possible you have Asperger's. I think the online screening tests like the AQ are a good place to get a quick idea how strong your ASD traits are. I am surprised that someone your age would have got accessed while in school. But I don't know where you're from or how your school years were. Here is a link to the AQ: Autism Spectrum Quotient (AQ)
Idk how reliable the AQ test is but I just did it and it says that I got 36 out of 50 which represents "significant autistic traits" so Idk. I feel like they should have had somewhat disagree as an option instead of slightly disagree when answering questions. I was also unsure how to answer some of the questions but thanks anyway.

"Accessed" should be "assessed" -- Maybe I shouldn't do any posts before finishing my coffee :D. I score a 34/50, 32 is the minimum for likely ASD. And I try to pick the non autistic answer to any question that I don't have a firm answer to. I am self-diagnosed so I wouldn't want to fool myself into thinking I'm ASD when I'm not. But as my wife says "you're certainly not normal" o_O. There are reasons for getting an adult diagnosis, but I don't have any at my age. In any case, you should be able to learn plenty about yourself from places on the internet like here.

"Accessed" should be "assessed" -- Maybe I shouldn't do any posts before finishing my coffee :D. I score a 34/50, 32 is the minimum for likely ASD. And I try to pick the non autistic answer to any question that I don't have a firm answer to. I am self-diagnosed so I wouldn't want to fool myself into thinking I'm ASD when I'm not. But as my wife says "you're certainly not normal" o_O. There are reasons for getting an adult diagnosis, but I don't have any at my age. In any case, you should be able to learn plenty about yourself from places on the internet like here.
Oh ok, I understand. I guess I could redo it and choose the non autistic option but it probably wouldn't change much. Thanks though. Are there other tests you've taken to self diagnose? I'm scared to get a self diagnosis because I don't trust others and I don't want anyone knowing about my issues.

New Threads

Top Bottom