• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi I am Rat

Rat

Hi!

Just wanted to make an introduction and tell a little about myself. I was diagnosed with PDD-NOS as a child (I forget the age but around kindergarten). I just wanted to join a forum with other autistic people since over the years I have found that I gain much better friendships and acquaintanceships with other autistic people than I do with NTs. Even with the NT people I have gotten along with and made friendships with they tend to have something "weird" about them (odd personalities, other mental issues, etc.).

As far as interests go I am really into history, camping, certain video games (minecraft, the talos principle, civ V, ck2/3, tf2, kenshi. Some others but I mainly only play these games), painting + drawing, I like learning about languages but I unfortunately am not really wired for it lol. I also have an obsession with animals, especially rats and cats.

Hopefully I will make some friends or at least have some interesting conversations on this forum!! If you want you can PM me, I am friendly and like talking to people online/through text.

upload_2020-11-19_11-24-59.png

Hi Rat. Like the name - not crazy about the animal. lol Welcome and hope you make lots of friends here.

Hi Rat. Like the name - not crazy about the animal. lol Welcome and hope you make lots of friends here.
Our username is very similar hahaha. Even P and R look pretty similar.

Hopefully one day you can like rats, they are very intelligent and nice. I own a few and they are very loving animals. Too bad they are pests in many places, if it weren't for that I think they would be a lot more liked by people generally.

Hi and welcome, sounds like you will like it here with many ND people. I had a white rat once, a girl at school didn't want him so I brought him home, I called him Naseby and he seemed very bright and nice, I gave him my former hamsters cage which had a running wheel in it that he enjoyed. He lived to a little over 3 years. I hope you enjoy it here.

:mouse::mouse::mouse::rat::rat::rat::mouse::mouse::mouse::rat::rat::rat:

Hi and welcome, sounds like you will like it here with many ND people. I had a white rat once, a girl at school didn't want him so I brought him home, I called him Naseby and he seemed very bright and nice, I gave him my former hamsters cage which had a running wheel in it that he enjoyed. He lived to a little over 3 years. I hope you enjoy it here.

:mouse::mouse::mouse::rat::rat::rat::mouse::mouse::mouse::rat::rat::rat:
3 years is (sadly) an impressive age to reach for a rat! Mine seem to run into issues once they turn 2, probably a genetic thing since my current big rat is the daughter of my other rat creme. The other rat I have seems to be fine but she has a tiny tumor which is worrying.

Hello! I also tend to make friends easier with autistic people. We have a couple things in common. I really like minecraft too! I also really like animals, but I for the most part have been very focused on crows. One thing I like doing in minecraft is building enclosures/habitats for foxes, and also playing survival, even though I am not very good at it ^^.

HI @Rat

Welcome to the Forums. We have lots of animals in here;
I can think of a wolf and a duck and there are lots of others I'm sure.

Do hang around a bit and get to know us better

Welcome Rat!

I really like animals too.
I think there is a connection and communication that many aren't aware of between them and those
who want it.

Although I like all animals, currently where I live, I can't have pets in the house.
I still have my little friends of various types though.
There is a pool attached to the house that has a screened enclosure and I raise plants out there
along with tree frogs.
They sleep in the plants through the day and know to come out at night to a certain area where
I hand feed them mealworms. They will actually play with me, like rolling a small ball back and forth
and riding around on my arm. I have 9 and all have names. Talk to them like any other pet and
they are smart.

I keep their area clean and give them fresh bowls of water daily. Keeps them out of the pool.
I also keep 6 Darkling beetles in a fish bowl beside where I eat. Even they feel like company and
are interesting to feed and watch.

Woods are behind the house and always filled with wild creatures.
I raise Monarch butterflys all summer too.
Cuban-Tree-Frog.jpg

Hey there!
I like rats too, very clever animals. At the moment I have no rats but 5 black6 mice - this is the C57BL/6 inbred baseline lab mouse strain. I adopted the sisters from a university that seeks to home mice. They are lovely and have become very tame. I am teaching them to retrieve at the moment :)

Hi Rat, welcome.

There's lots of interesting posts to read here.

My partner has had six rats, first three, then another three. Unfortunately they didn't live very long, they were prone to tumours. They were all hooded rats and each had a distinct personality.

Hello! I also tend to make friends easier with autistic people. We have a couple things in common. I really like minecraft too! I also really like animals, but I for the most part have been very focused on crows. One thing I like doing in minecraft is building enclosures/habitats for foxes, and also playing survival, even though I am not very good at it ^^.
Thats cool that you are focused on crows! Crows are one of my favorite birds, they are super smart and they look super cool. I wish I could see their "actual" color since apparently they don't see themselves as all black and can see other colors than humans.

Welcome Rat!

I really like animals too.
I think there is a connection and communication that many aren't aware of between them and those
who want it.

Although I like all animals, currently where I live, I can't have pets in the house.
I still have my little friends of various types though.
There is a pool attached to the house that has a screened enclosure and I raise plants out there
along with tree frogs.
They sleep in the plants through the day and know to come out at night to a certain area where
I hand feed them mealworms. They will actually play with me, like rolling a small ball back and forth
and riding around on my arm. I have 9 and all have names. Talk to them like any other pet and
they are smart.

I keep their area clean and give them fresh bowls of water daily. Keeps them out of the pool.
I also keep 6 Darkling beetles in a fish bowl beside where I eat. Even they feel like company and
are interesting to feed and watch.

Woods are behind the house and always filled with wild creatures.
I raise Monarch butterflys all summer too.
View attachment 64912
That is pretty cool tbh. Too bad you can't have pets in the house but it sounds like you have some nice alternatives to that.

Hey there!
I like rats too, very clever animals. At the moment I have no rats but 5 black6 mice - this is the C57BL/6 inbred baseline lab mouse strain. I adopted the sisters from a university that seeks to home mice. They are lovely and have become very tame. I am teaching them to retrieve at the moment :)
That is pretty cool :) I've had mice before as well. They are different than rats but they are also very nice. I wish I could train my rats but they are very naughty lol. They are smart and can come when called but thats really it. They use their intelligence and curiosity in order to get to places they aren't allowed and open things though instead of on tricks unfortunately lol.

Your name wouldn't happen to be Ben and you wouldn't happen to know a guy named Willard?
lol my name is not Ben. My name begins with an M.

Hi Rat, welcome.

There's lots of interesting posts to read here.

My partner has had six rats, first three, then another three. Unfortunately they didn't live very long, they were prone to tumours. They were all hooded rats and each had a distinct personality.
yeah unfortunately rats tend to not live very long even when they are in the best of conditions. At max they live till 4 and 4 is pretty rare. Mine seem to always get tumors right around when they turn 2. I have an appointment soon for my 2 rats right now for tumors which sucks but expected.

New Threads

Top Bottom