• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone

Agvaldr39

Hey,

I don't really know what to write, but hello everyone reading this.

I was diagnosed almost a year ago, and I guess it explains much of
the ups and downs of my life.

Anyways, I would like to get to know people :)

Hey @Agvaldr39 lovely to meet you.
I'm currently trying to get a diagnosis so a tat pre-emptive but have had the warmest welcome. I haven't had a sense of belonging or being seen in a while so it's been nice!

1669663305640.png

Thanks for welcoming me! I really have had a terrible year and have struggled so much to hold on to a job after many years of education. After losing my last job I am also socially very isolated. But I've decided to more forward and try new things. One of those things is to reach out to new people. Hopefully I can contribute and be supportive.

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear things have been tough for you. Perhaps you are working your way towards finding a job that's a good fit for you. That can take time, but I found I learned along the way. I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.

Sometimes, career changes bring big advantages. A little experience as a silversmith has sometimes made me look like a wizard in other trades. The first marine architect who remembers a lesson from windmill design, and has the skills to embarrass all the others by applying it will be famous.

Sometimes, career changes bring big advantages. A little experience as a silversmith has sometimes made me look like a wizard in other trades. The first marine architect who remembers a lesson from windmill design, and has the skills to embarrass all the others by applying it will be famous.
Interesting. Yeah, I have to do something else because I kept on getting so many meltdowns that I couldn't function anymore. No matter how much I tried and how many hours I slept and tried to make it work. So going into something less stressful. It's interesting how so many people in here are so talented and kind but struggle with stress in jobs.

Hi and welcome. Sorry to hear things have been tough for you. Perhaps you are working your way towards finding a job that's a good fit for you. That can take time, but I found I learned along the way. I hope you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive.
Thank you very much. Yes, things take time. But this time I have to get a situation I can live with and in. Thanks for writing btw

Interesting. Yeah, I have to do something else because I kept on getting so many meltdowns that I couldn't function anymore. No matter how much I tried and how many hours I slept and tried to make it work. So going into something less stressful. It's interesting how so many people in here are so talented and kind but struggle with stress in jobs.
I really wish that schools would stop trying to make us into well-rounded, unremarkable people. What we need is partnerships with NTs who can handle the social aspects of providing extraordinary technical services and letting us focus on what we do best. We'd never have heard of Seymour Cray if he had not met John Rollwagen, and probably not Henry Royce without Charles Rolls.

New Threads

Top Bottom