• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone

Hi !
So a few days ago I found out that I'am probably on the spectrum.
I'm French but I feel a lot more confortable in english for some reasons.
I'm 35 and it's been a long time without knowing but I never thought I'd find a reason for everything I thought was wrong with me so it's all good news to me. It's going to be a lot of processing but so far it's very exciting.
Sometimes it all makes so much sense and I feel so normal being me now that it makes me doubt about being on the spectrum but I guess it's just the other way around because I finally found out that nothing is wrong with me. (I'm not sure this sentence makes sense though...)
So thanks for everything I will learn from you !

I wish you all a very nice day !

Hey there SomeRandomName! Looking forward to seeing you around.

42189c2b61b410ce5cf1bcb214448647.png

Hi SomeRandomName, welcome. Sounds great that you feel pleased to be on the spectrum and yes I know that feeling of relief too, after working hard on issues that didn't seem easy to change. Aha it's a brain difference! Good to know... I hope you enjoy it here.

:beetle::hibiscus::tulip::rose::sunflower::cherryblossom::beetle::hibiscus::tulip::rose::sunflower::cherryblossom::beetle::hibiscus::tulip::rose::sunflower::beetle:

I figured it out (self diagnosed) around the same age. I hear what you are saying. I visited France a few times and really liked it. I could do with some crispy Pomme Frittes now!

Hi !
So a few days ago I found out that I'am probably on the spectrum.
I'm French but I feel a lot more confortable in english for some reasons.
I'm 35 and it's been a long time without knowing but I never thought I'd find a reason for everything I thought was wrong with me so it's all good news to me. It's going to be a lot of processing but so far it's very exciting.
Sometimes it all makes so much sense and I feel so normal being me now that it makes me doubt about being on the spectrum but I guess it's just the other way around because I finally found out that nothing is wrong with me. (I'm not sure this sentence makes sense though...)
So thanks for everything I will learn from you !

I wish you all a very nice day !

SomeRandomName. Welcome to this space. I wish you the best of luck in your journey of discovery. I would recommend you follow through the process and find out for sure via a professional diagnosis. I’m 48. I was diagnosed at 47. I wanted to make sure that that I was autistic. I found out that in addition to autism, I was also experiencing long-term depression. To fully embrace the terms of my autism I had to first address the pieces related to my depression. I continue on the road of discovery. Thank you for taking the time to engage this forum. We can all learn through your experience. Thank you in advance.

Thank all of you for the kind words !

Maybe today I'll try to tell my parents ! I will probably have to defend my case a little but I think they will understand and be supportive. Also I have successfully secured a appointment with a recommended psychiatrist in september for a pre diagnosis !
Thanks you again !
Have a great day !

New Threads

Top Bottom