• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi everyone - New to this

DoGEE05

Hi everyone,

I just joined this site, and I'm not sure how to approach this, so here we go. I'm a married dad who was diagnosed with ASD about three years ago (i.e., had ASD my whole life but didn't find out until I was 35). I'm pretty high-functioning but have difficulty making friends and understanding humanity. Interests - gardening/environmental stuff, theology, baseball, progressive rock/metal, and trivia. Also, cats.

Any other parents with ASD out there? Or anyone else who was diagnosed as an adult? I'd love to know your experiences and learn from you...

Thanks,
Kevin

Welcome!

On this site I think we're a bit heavier with folks diagnosed / identified as adults.

Perhaps because I'm not occupied by a family or significant other, I find myself able to devote time to whatever my special interest of the day is, and for the past year, a big one has been learning about ASD itself and also ASD advocacy.

Hi, dxed at 40, was quite a shock, takes a few years for the dust to settle. Welcome to the site.

Hi and welcome, yes plenty older people here before we realised or got diagnosed. There are parents here, some have children with ASD too. I hope you enjoy it here, and find it supportive and useful. I love cats too, they're great aren't they? Lots here have cats. And dogs. And other pets.

:palmtree::blossom::seedling::sunflower::herb::cat:

4e9c418ce2eb95b63432aab57b092321.png

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Hi and welcome to the forums :). I am adult self-diagnosed, married and father with two daughters. One diagnosed ASD at 18 and had other, related DX much earlier.

Welcome!

I wasn't diagnosed until mid 50's.
I love cats too. All animals really.
Don't understand humanity either. Never got to the point of maturity to understand married with
children lifestyle even. So no family.
Lots of ' Older-B's' here! :catface: :kissingcat: :smileycat:

ASD + COVID = a lot of loneliness. But it's clear that I, and we, are not alone in our condition. So thank you to everyone so far!

New Threads

Top Bottom