• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi all

Cw1990

Hi all at the moment I'm waiting for a dignoase but I've been told my assessment will be in middle 2021.

I was born with NF type one and have a learning problems.

I fell the whole reason why I have ASD type things is because

Throughout my school years I was constantly bullied and left without making any friends. In yr9 and part of yr10 one of the people who terrorised me turned friendly and like manipulated me into doing things I never released at first as he really did mess up my head so much

I have never been the one for close contact like cuddles even a handshake is hard for me.

When I got to 18 I got into the wrong group of people who financial abused me terrorised me and I stayed as I wanted friends but got rid of them after about four years of abuse.

I struggle with social things and have a selective eating disorder which means I can only eat a small group of foods as the texture Snell of unsafe foods to me make me gag. I have tried new food but the gagging is like invoitenty like it's automatic

I have never had a deep relationship as I can't process anything that as I find it very hard and overwhelming but I also fell what happened in yr9 and a bit of 10 has a role in it

I can also have days where I watch videos on aliens all day then a video of trains all day then titanic the whole day.

Overall I find life very difficult I don't like areas with a large amount of people and often I'm not focus and have problems keeping convos going

I have seen drs who suggest all my problems run on a background of what is ASD but with such a long wait I'm in liebo all I want is support to be more normal and councelling for past events

upload_2019-3-25_16-1-18.png

Hi cw1990. What is NF? Sorry, I don’t know what it is, if I knew what it is, then I forgot.
Welcome to the forums.

I do think I have it and been told by drs that all my problems are on the spectume but it's waiting three years for a digsnised

Hi there CW1990 and welcome to the forum. You have certainly been thru a lot in your life so far.

Your really brave for sharing. Thank you for being brave.

Based on your descriptions and how you have related your experiences, it seems to me that you have good clarity and are trying to piece together all the contributions to your current state. Keep up the good work.

I’d like to ask why do you have to wait so long for an ASD evaluation?

I’m glad that you joined the forum and look forward to seeing and interacting with your posts. Your posts are important in that they probably represent several that may be too apprehensive to post. Keep it up.

Welcome CW1990!
Glad you joined. You're in a good place for sharing and learning.

Hi @Cw1990 :) I hope being here helps. It certainly does sound like you could be on.the spectrum, but I don't know anything about NF. I do know about ptsd though, and it's possible that trauma could have contributed to your problems.
Sorry you've had so much bullying and heartache and struggle so much. I hope we can help.

The NHS around my area is limited funds so it's taking a long long time to been seen. I don't think it's PTSD as looking at it I have always been easily taken advantage off and my problems with social things has caused me a lot of a grief

Cw1990, an almost three year backlog of patients due to lack of funds supporting a national healthcare system?

I would guess that your circumstances have been triaged as not urgent and this is why your case has been pushed out so far. Maybe?

That is brutal. I’m all for being long-suffering but when one is trying to get answers that would support a better quality of life this kind of wait seems daunting.

Do you have private health care resources and options outside the NHS?

I’m cheering for ya friend and if we have to wait three years we’ll i guess we wait.

In the mean time you can self-diagnose and self-treat through sound research and hones self-understanding.

Best regards on your journey and I want you to be encouraged and hopeful. Keep you chin up and be confident. Cheers!

New Threads

Top Bottom