1. Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hi all its new years eve again!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mike Asparagus, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Mike Asparagus

Mike Asparagus New Member

Hi all its new years eve again I'm 50 and am awaiting full diagnosis however have been having counselling for asperges....I have few friends and its new years eve...i think i should go and see my dad but prefer to stay in and watch TV....I just don't enjoy interaction with so called normals cos i have child like qualities...And most of these things are not on my radar...
    Anyhow i won't be going to new years eve party cos i have not invited to one...so i will think i will watch a favourite film again.Gotta go cos i'm making a mess of this intro not that anyone will read it....
    Happy New Year

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. tree

tree Blue/Green Staff Member V.I.P Member

3. Mia

Mia Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Welcome Mike, to the forum. ^‿^

4. Pats

Pats Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Mike, welcome, hello and happy New Year. Glad you are here.

5. Mike Asparagus

Me too so what are u up to?

6. SusanLR

SusanLR Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Welcome Mike.
    I cared to read your intro.
    I'm sitting here drained from accepting an invitation for dinner and New Years Eve from a neighbor
    family that is new to the street, from Albania, new to America and seems friendly but alone.
    I didn't want to go, would have preferred just staying home and watching the TV, but, gave it a go.
    Now I am exhausted.
    I didn't dress up, thinking it would be just a small get together.
    The woman was dressed to the Nines in a very revealing black dress, (one shoulder kept falling off, revealing!) A huge dinner table covered with European dishes that were delicious, gold plated utensils and plates. Wines, champagne that the man said was some special vintage '99 that cost $300.
    Kids unwrapping presents.
    Immediately felt out of place. As usual, didn't know what to talk about and they're from a totally different cultural.
    I got a terrible cramp in my leg at the table, had to stand up and draw attention. :(
    Went to the bathroom, no toilet paper!

Ugh, oh well, Welcome to the neighborhood guys! :D
    And the hostess noticed I seperated my food on the plate and left anything that had little red diced things in it! Oh, boy....Anyone else have fun?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Mike Asparagus

Watched tv and let the new yeat in.it was outside but i told it to stay outside

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. George Newman

George Newman Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Welcome , Mike. I read your into and am glad you have joined the forum. The more participants the better. Happy New Year!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Pats

Pats Well-Known Member V.I.P Member

Oh Susan - Sounds horrible. So sorry you had to deal with all that. Especially the no toilet paper thing. Do you ever feel like people make it a point to see how uncomfortable they can make a person?

• Like Like x 1