• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey!

narriose

Hi! I’m Jace and I’m 24 (he/him), from the east coast

To be honest I originally came here to find someone who’s as jazzed about all things space/hard sci fi or other things I like because ppl close to me cannot keep up so I’m hoping I can feel a little less weird for going full throttle conversationways on here haha. Well honestly I really appreciate hearing other people’s interests as well it’s always a great experience.

I’m self-dx/unofficial dx of idk what on the spectrum. Been suspecting since mid teens and had people ask me if I was and at that point I was newly dx’d with adhd so never really considered i could have more than one thing which is dumb until making a friend who is studying this for their career and we had a conversation that boiled down to “yeah this is most likely it” at the beginning of the year and I just got over this because I guess I dealt with most of the internalized ableism I was feeling at the time and come to be a bit more comfortable in it.

Oh yeah I also draw and write and like anime the conceptis/puzzle site brand games also cycling

Uhh did I do this right? Yeah mostly trying to make friends like me and share common experiences and all that.

3c79e790887d1923a6c3064682f0004a.png

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here and find some people who are like minded. Yes Aspergers and ADHD seem to go together often, so could be that you have both. Glad to hear you're doing well, that's great. There's plenty of good discussions here and some around Aspergers too if you want more ideas about that.

:helicopter::airplane::rocket::surfer::snowboarder::rowboat::bicyclist::mountainbiker::fireengine::lorry::truck:

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here and find some people who are like minded. Yes Aspergers and ADHD seem to go together often, so could be that you have both. Glad to hear you're doing well, that's great. There's plenty of good discussions here and some around Aspergers too if you want more ideas about that.

:helicopter::airplane::rocket::surfer::snowboarder::rowboat::bicyclist::mountainbiker::fireengine::lorry::truck:
oh its common? thats kind of encouraging to hear. :relieved:

Hi and welcome to forums! I'm also interested in space, so maybe I'm the one you can talk with. You say you like cycling. I like cycling too! Both cycling myself and watching professional cycling on TV.

oh its common? thats kind of encouraging to hear. :relieved:
Yup! There's even a book on the subject. Called "The Autism-ADHD Connection", if I recall correctly. Can't say I've ever read it, though I own it. Don't remember the author. maybe someone else does. When I was diagnosed (eons ago) I was told that I tested in the "probably but not certain' range for ADD. (ignored it, as it wasn't particularly relevant for me. Autism and Sensory Integration Dysfunction, and communication issues related to autism were more important.

New Threads

Top Bottom