• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey, I'm new!

Cassie A

Hey all,

I'm new to the community and new to the idea that I'm on the spectrum. Someone close to me confided in me a few months ago they suspected so, so I looked it up and many high-functioning descriptions fit me to a T. I had no idea that HFA even existed, but now that I know it explains why I've always been a bit of an oddity everywhere I go. I'm an adventurous, if somewhat withdrawn person and live in Mexico teaching English. Traveling and living abroad can be both a respite and a challenge; my highs are truly high, but my lows are sometimes crushing as my emotions are often overpowering. It's difficult to maintain friendships as is, but sometimes I feel quite isolated here and could use a place to talk to others like me. I'm a generally solitary person and I've always just dealt with things on my own so this is all very new for me. Hope to chat with some of you and share some thoughts, thanks for reading.

Hi Cassie

welcome to af.png

Hi and welcome. Sounds like an interesting life and adventurous indeed. I've certainly found it can be helpful to know and understand about having high autistic traits or Aspergers and to read about others experience of this, there's plenty to read here to find out more, and it's a friendly place.

:sunflower::cat::sunflower::cat::sunflower::cat::sunflower:

Hey all,

I'm new to the community and new to the idea that I'm on the spectrum. Someone close to me confided in me a few months ago they suspected so, so I looked it up and many high-functioning descriptions fit me to a T. I had no idea that HFA even existed, but now that I know it explains why I've always been a bit of an oddity everywhere I go. I'm an adventurous, if somewhat withdrawn person and live in Mexico teaching English. Traveling and living abroad can be both a respite and a challenge; my highs are truly high, but my lows are sometimes crushing as my emotions are often overpowering. It's difficult to maintain friendships as is, but sometimes I feel quite isolated here and could use a place to talk to others like me. I'm a generally solitary person and I've always just dealt with things on my own so this is all very new for me. Hope to chat with some of you and share some thoughts, thanks for reading.
Welcome Cassie A. I have learned a lot on this site. People are so friendly here. It is a really good place to talk and find out things. Ask questions and just meet some good people!

New Threads

Top Bottom