• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey, I'm Hidari!

QueenHidari

The Floofy Queen
Hi there, I'm Hidari, or Sara if you'd like to call me that. I'm 18 years old, and I was diagnosed with Aspergers when I was in the 3rd grade I think. Most of my experience dealing with it was helped by my mom doing behavior modification with me, but I wasn't really told specific terms for what I was dealing with. I've used the internet for a long time, but I've only just recently started joining communities centered around the autism spectrum. Before now I was afraid of looking things up regarding my health, and my autism was one thing I did not really research either. Everything I've learned about autism has been from other friends of mine who were on the spectrum.

Yesterday, I learned what a meltdown was, after I had gotten to a point that I was so overstimulated that I was constantly breaking down. I was convinced it was just anxiety rumbling around in my head, and that I was never going to be free of that noise in my brain. I happened to talk to a friend of mine who is on the spectrum, and they explained to me that what I was going through was a meltdown. I felt so relieved after that, but for some reason horrified at the same time. I couldn't understand how I had never known what that was even with me being diagnosed so early in life.

So, after I learned about that, I realized I still don't know everything about my autism and how it affects me. I figured it would be a good idea to join a community of other people on the spectrum, so that I could better learn how to cope and deal with it.

So that's what brings me here!

A little about me;
I mentor the programming team for my old high school's FIRST Robotics team, and was a member of it for 4 years while I was in high school. I'm a transgirl, and I've been taking a year off before college to transition. I graduated in 2017, although I've found it odd adapting to not being in school in the mean time before I go to college. I really like tea and coffee! (Spearmint is my favorite kind of herbal tea)

272ba5e97ef79e1befa52d1c40a03dfa.png

I like tea, too. Green tea and white tea :)

New Threads

Top Bottom