• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey, I’m Chris

Christopher_j

hi my names Chris, I’m from Western Australia. I’ve recently been diagnosed high functioning autism/ aspergers. I’ve just turned forty, and have had troubles with anxiety and depression my whole life. I’ve struggled in social situations, and never really had close friends, or at least since school.
Since my diagnosis and reading other people’s stories have I realized how much I have in common and how I change the way I act to fit into situations.
My marriage has fallen apart since this too, as I believe my wife realized that l wasn’t going to change and that this is the way I am going to be.
To be honest it’s been a lot harder than I thought. Anyway
I probably shared too much...
But thanks for reading. Send me a message if you want a chat :)

Hi Chris

welcome to af.png

hi my names Chris, I’m from Western Australia. I’ve recently been diagnosed high functioning autism/ aspergers. I’ve just turned forty, and have had troubles with anxiety and depression my whole life. I’ve struggled in social situations, and never really had close friends, or at least since school.
Since my diagnosis and reading other people’s stories have I realized how much I have in common and how I change the way I act to fit into situations.
My marriage has fallen apart since this too, as I believe my wife realized that l wasn’t going to change and that this is the way I am going to be.
To be honest it’s been a lot harder than I thought. Anyway
I probably shared too much...
But thanks for reading. Send me a message if you want a chat :)
Hi Chris, sorry to hear you are having problems, I don't think people realize how hard being an ASPIE really is. You sound a lot like my son (except the marriage part) he wasn't married but had a girlfriend for many years and all of a sudden she just left him. I don't suppose people without ASD will ever truly understand what all is involved with it and how you really feel inside. I am not an aspie but I have friends who are and have helped me understand my son better. I don't know if your marriage has ended or is just troubled right now but maybe if SHE would talk to a counselor who works with people with ASD maybe she would understand better and could deal with it better?

Hi there, welcome aboard, Christopher.

I got my official asd this year and ( this is not to boast), but surprisingly, my husband is working with the diagnosis and that is a huge relief.

I have suffered anxiety all my life too and just recently, the anxiety has got worse.

I take 1mg of something called: risperidone to control anger issues and it does work.

Hi Chris and welcome. Hope you also join in on these group conversations as well.

Hi Chris, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear about your marriage. I'm sure you'll find the forum a good support and opportunity to learn. I'm an Aussie too, East Coast, but hey, on here we make contact with people all over the world.

Thanks everyone. Reading all your stories, it’s nice to know I’m not alone, and that everyone has gone through and struggles with similar issues.
Cheers

Hi Chris, sorry to hear you are having problems, I don't think people realize how hard being an ASPIE really is. You sound a lot like my son (except the marriage part) he wasn't married but had a girlfriend for many years and all of a sudden she just left him. I don't suppose people without ASD will ever truly understand what all is involved with it and how you really feel inside. I am not an aspie but I have friends who are and have helped me understand my son better. I don't know if your marriage has ended or is just troubled right now but maybe if SHE would talk to a counselor who works with people with ASD maybe she would understand better and could deal with it better?
I should have said that my son's girlfriend was a long distance relationship, they talked on the phone constantly for a long time, then she stopped talking to him and that was it.

Thanks VAW,even though it’s a long distance relationship it does not mean any less was invested in it and it wouldn’t hurt any less. Maybe for her it was the distance rather than his ASD that was the issue ? It would be good for him to know for closure and understanding.

Thanks VAW,even though it’s a long distance relationship it does not mean any less was invested in it and it wouldn’t hurt any less. Maybe for her it was the distance rather than his ASD that was the issue ? It would be good for him to know for closure and understanding.
True, she was the one person he could talk to, and I think In your head you feel they will always be there for you, even if it was on the phone. They did skype too once a week but talked every day all thru the day for 8 years. Then she just stopped! He was so devastated and like you said no closure I had to drive him to her state to talk with her so he could have closure or maybe she could talk to him again. They had planned to move in together within a few months when that happened. He thought he would have a life with her. She rented a place with another guy. Sad! I felt really bad for him because he took it so hard. Relationships are not easy that is for sure! I hope you can work thru your problems!!!

New Threads

Top Bottom