• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hey, Has anyone else noticed most rappers have the personality of Bread?

Rap is a form of expression and resonates with the younger crowd. The early rappers had a message, and l think helped younger people see the bigger picture of discontent in America, than someone singing a ballad. A lot of rappers starting calling attention to inequalities of being racially profiled. So l feel they have their place in American history. I don't like them targeting the police or referring to woman as less then so it's a mixed bag of sorts.

Why do you say that?

I've listened to a lot of rap, rock, and pop, but you could argue that much of that music is personality. Or attitude. I'm not denying the talent, but image, media, and role-play all augment the sounds. People in jazz or classical really don't project an identity--at least not as much.

Why do you say that?

I've listened to a lot of rap, rock, and pop, but you could argue that much of that music is personality. Or attitude. I'm not denying the talent, but image, media, and role-play all augment the sounds. People in jazz or classical really don't project an identity--at least not as much.
Im refering to these new age "Gangsta" rappers. - Moneybagg yo, takeshi 69, ETC. and them mumble rappers, where i need to have rap Genius at the ready.

I see--I can't comment, then.

I would love to hear New Age Gangsta Rap, though. Lots of Enya samples and life-on-the-streets lyrics.

Anyways back to topic. I’m okay with rapping like in splatoon (idol pearl is meant to be a rap princess, her Japanese name translates to “princess”.) since splatoon lyrics are in gibberish/inkling language and it’s a fictional universe, I’m okay with that

MC Ride is a fire-spitter on stage and on record, but I understand that he is a huge introvert outside of that context.

Bread rapper -
IMG_3347.jpeg

I don't know, but if so, it is no different then much of pop music throughout modern history. Here is a song that reached #2 in the US and #1 in Canadian charts in my senior year of High School.

Get_Up_and_Boogie_by_Silver_Convention_German_vinyl_single.jpg

"The lyrics of "Get Up and Boogie" consists only of two phrases, "Get up and boogie!" and "That's right!" repeated throughout the song." (Wiki)

I don't know, but if so, it is no different then much of pop music throughout modern history. Here is a song that reached #2 in the US and #1 in Canadian charts in my senior year of High School.

View attachment 104380

"The lyrics of "Get Up and Boogie" consists only of two phrases, "Get up and boogie!" and "That's right!" repeated throughout the song." (Wiki)
Same group did a song called "Fly Robin Fly" the same year, with the exact same formula of only two phrases.

Akala in the UK is a clever guy. Does university talks, debates and all sorts. Well read and smart. I'm not keen on his persona though.

I mainly like rap, grime, trap and drill for the instrumentals. The lyrical content in such genres is usually embarrassing.

Ed

Yeah, and then we have rappers like Kendrick Lamar, Tech N9ne, Aesop Rock, The Notorious BIG, 2Pac- all who have very distinct and complex personalities.

Something tells me you just do not like this musical genre.

I will agree to this: the rappers that seem to have very little going on, personality-wise, don’t seem to have much of a personality.

I am a fan of rap, but the artists I enjoy are brimming with personality.

New Threads

Top Bottom