• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

help?

freya8711

I’m Caitlin Briana or CB. I live in NYC. I met a guy who lives in Canada over a year and a half ago on line in a very platonic way (over hockey).were both 30. He writes about it as a side job. I knew some people he was writing about. We “talked” and it slowly over time grew into talking daily. then talking privately. then personally. videos. Skype. we have met in person but only a short time.

gradually he asked me to be his gf and we talked daily in short messages and always at night and went to sleep virtually in each other’s arms. BUT I always had this pins and needles feeling bc the way he was was seemed both genuine and fake. not that he wasn’t who he said or that he was playing me but it was off. always formal. always demanding punctuality. going on long and detailed on topics like car repair. telling me he never had a gf before. (no one interested him enuf). told me early on didn’t like touching or kissing and slept alone. in fact would say he often got out of bed to sleep on floor vent for heat. BUT then he “kissed” me all the time when we talked on line or on skype. would s nd me hugs.no more vents at night. He has Never told me of a diagnosis but told me issues in school and stories of acting out.

So I didn’t pick it up and just saw quirks. anyway after all this time and over 9 months of being a couple we had a few for me middling fights. once him. once me. and the last one we said goodnight without our ritual long distance cuddling.
next day? i get message that he’s done. can’t be with me. repeats over and over we aren’t a match. bc I’m too stubborn and illogical. he will always love me. he meant all he said. he will miss me. he is sad. but we are not a match and while he thinks he was better off with me that’s no longer an option. he has lost faith that it would work and i deserve better. very cold. to use his words he had to be stern so i would understand. he would never hold me kiss me or talk to me again or at least not talk for a long time.
then he send a message that he’s deleted everything and will miss me etc. but i can keep one picture if i want. He still follows me on social media. so i’m here to learn what i missed. what i did wrong. to understand him better. and to be prepared and handle better if i come upon it again.

i so wish he had told me upfront or i had put it together better. maybe a different outcome? and while i have no expectations with him i’m not sure if i should do anything more

Sounds like you shouldn't do anything more. It seems to be over, from what you've said. The only way for it to happen would be for him to just come back on his own, but if he did, it'd probably be best to say no and move on, seeing as he's so indecisive.

People's emotions don't always make sense. Maybe he didn't know he was no longer interested or how he wanted to communicate that to you until that day. At least he didn't ghost you out without saying something.

I would recommend you unfriend him from any social media you're friends with him on, but do not block him. Leave your door open, and don't firmly intend of saying yes or no. If he reaches out to you afterward, tell him if the two of you have the chance to meet in-person feasibly again, you will hear him out as much as you can and make a decision then depending on both of your situations (if either of you is no longer single, etc.). You could consider just platonic too. I wouldn't be platonic in this situation cause of the distance- or at least not without some kind of talk via phone or video- unless you know you will be okay with a 100% online friendship only possibly. The final decision is yours as it's your life, but food for thought for important things to consider.

New Threads

Top Bottom