• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Help Me to Enhance Privacy Settings on a Chromebook

Yeshuasdaughter

You know, that one lady we met that one time.
V.I.P Member
I'm not very tech savvy, and I kind of need to be walked through this.

I just got a new Chromebook. I've always used Windows PCs beforehand. With my PCs, I always had it set up that whenever I closed a browser, it would automatically sign me out of all my accounts and delete all my search history.

But I can't figure how to do that with the Chromebook. I hate that if I click the X to log out of Chrome, and then I click on Chrome again, it'll bring me back to all those sites, none of the history will be deleted, and all the sites will still be logged in.

I basically just want to have user names but not passwords saved on each of the sites I frequently log into (like the forums and my email), and otherwise, instantly log out of everything, and have a full memory wipe every time I click the x to quit chrome.

Also, I'd like to use Duckduckgo as my preferred browser, and I'd like to stay logged out of my Google account as much as possible.

Is this possible?

Last edited:
* Clearing Browser Data
* Deleting Individual Items

"You can control your history and other browsing data, like saved form entries.
You can delete all of your data or just some from a specific time."

Clear browsing data - Computer - Chromebook Help

How can i delete chrome browsing history/cookies on exit without deleting passwords? - Google Chrome Community

How to add DuckDuckGo to a Google Chrome browser to get a privacy-focused default search engine

Keep in mind we are talking about Google, so I suspect not all data can be purged upon exiting their browser.

Last edited:
How do I get it to log me out of places when I click out of the browser? For instance, I click the x to leave Autismforums, but I come back, and I am still logged in, even though I haven't been on the site in a long time.
That might be a setting in the forum. At the top click on your picture, you can select "log out" at the bottom.
When you log in you can select "keep me logged in" or not. If you do not select that option you will be logged out when you close the Chrome tab.

Screenshot_20211128-192142_Gallery.jpg

New Threads

Top Bottom