• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello!

LuxLuca

Kermit the Frog
Hello,

My name is Luca, I'm 26 years old and am currently studying psychology. As of last month (03-2022) I've been diagnosed as on the spectrum. As per DSM-V the classifications of the autistic spectrum have changed but my psychologist had explained to be that he felt like I was so very typically Asperger's, so I'm using that on here.

As much as the diagnosis feels correct I'm still very new to what it means exactly. It came out of the blue after my current therapist (I was/am being treated for emotional regulation issues due to ADHD, good ol' burn-out.) saw some signs and asked if I would be willing to look into it, just to confirm her suspicions.

I'm looking forward to reading and talking to others here to really map out what parts of me I've been neglecting and how to work with my needs to be a happier person!

Thank you very much in advance,
Luca
(English is not my native language, but I will do my best.)

upload_2022-5-2_18-43-0.png

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Your English seems great, btw. We've been watching the cycling through the Netherlands, it's very attractive country. I hope you will join in discussions here, and you can search for past threads too to read more about autism related topics.

:palmtree::leafwind::evergreen::cactus::deciduous::fourleaf::seedling::herb::turtle:

New Threads

Top Bottom