• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

proudmom

Hello,l am a mom of a 14 year old son with autism.Also have a sister with Autism as well.My son was diagnosed with autism at age 12,husband and l are doing good dealing with it good.My sister,knows l love her and has said l am a great big sister in her life.She is doing well married to a great husband.Diagnosed at age 10 and she is glad to have support from my parents and l.l do see the teasing and bully students with autism go through and take care of it the right way.A high school principal and a slap on the wrist is not answer with me whom do it to them

Hi, and Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

Also, to help ease any worries you may have, there tends to be a fair few Allistic/Neurotypical/Non-Autistic people who come here for guidance and support in connecting with and understanding their loved ones who are Autistic.

welcome to af.png

Have defended my sister a few times and she learned from me.Parents were proud me doing this defending her when it happened

Hello,l am a mom of a 14 year old son with autism.Also have a sister with Autism as well.My son was diagnosed with autism at age 12,husband and l are doing good dealing with it good.My sister,knows l love her and has said l am a great big sister in her life.She is doing well married to a great husband.Diagnosed at age 10 and she is glad to have support from my parents and l.l do see the teasing and bully students with autism go through and take care of it the right way.A high school principal and a slap on the wrist is not answer with me whom do it to them

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here. Our family has Autistic members as well, 2 boys, ages 9 and 12, and likely I, their father, too. My wife and I homeschool our sons, as we do not trust public school systems to accommodate and to report harassment and bullying, and as I have faith in my abilities there. We are doing as well as can be too, and focus more on the positive. Our oldest says he wants to be a professional singing pianist, and we believe in him there. Surpassed already all our expectations, yet loves his other coursework, too. Our youngest, oh well, he likes having fun running and climbing, as he has ADHD besides his ASD, and often gets into mischief because of his lower developmental age, but we recharge by the next day. Anyway, feel free to post anytime.

Last edited:
Welcome. That you received and gave such support is wonderful. Autism was not well known when I grew up, and I know that I sorely tried my mother at times. But she helped create and fed my special interests, some which persist to this day.

Welcome to the forums! I'm glad you treated finding that out really well. A few online friends of mine on different sites were bullied due to their autism (one still doesn't have a diagnosis), so that means a lot to me you're helping your son adapt so much. You sound like a really good person and I hope the rest of your day goes well.

Welcome! :) I’m really glad to have another Neurotypical on here. I’ve recently started becoming involved in Autism Advocacy and I’ve learned that the biggest obstacle to Autism Acceptance is simply lack of Autism Awareness; so many people simply have no clue about Autism so, it’s good to have more contact with non-Autistic people.

l do see the teasing and bully students with autism go through and take care of it the right way.A high school principal and a slap on the wrist is not answer with me whom do it to them

A zero tolerance for bullying needs to be established. Schools know better, which makes it all the more disgusting they do not follow through. It would be great for the district to get a letter from a lawyer to motivate them to create a bully-free policy with clear consequences across the district.

New Threads

Top Bottom