• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello!

VictorR

Random Member
V.I.P Member
Glad to join a community where I'm with family, so to say.

Like many others who got their diagnosis later in life, it was several years of on-and-off curiosity after coming across a media piece about ASD that seemed to describe me until I finally put myself on wait lists for an adult diagnosis, and then some more time before I finally got confirmation.

Presently, I'm in social work. I enjoy how it lets me help others, and that if people are talking to me, it's because they want to talk to me (as opposed to working in sales, which I found stressful).

upload_2020-7-19_21-26-8.png

Welcome, Victor.

I think people who were diagnosed late and spent a lot of time trying figure it out in the meantime, probably know a whole lot about autism.

Welcome, Victor.

I think people who were diagnosed late and spent a lot of time trying figure it out in the meantime, probably know a whole lot about autism.
Idk what this means "spent a lot of time trying figure it out in the meantime, probably know a whole lot about autism."

Idk what this means "spent a lot of time trying figure it out in the meantime, probably know a whole lot about autism."

I mean prior to getting a diagnosis later in life, many do a lot of research on autism. They accumulate a lot of knowledge about it.

I mean prior to getting a diagnosis later in life, many do a lot of research on autism. They accumulate a lot of knowledge about it.
Hmm, I'm not sure if that'd really be much of an advantage. They'd spend alot of time going through loops and hurtles where as if you already got a diagnosis you'd have the name. that's kind of assuming that they stick around and aren't just liek oh that's what that is. I think it'd be a disadvantage.

Hmm, I'm not sure if that'd really be much of an advantage. They'd spend alot of time going through loops and hurtles where as if you already got a diagnosis you'd have the name. that's kind of assuming that they stick around and aren't just liek oh that's what that is. I think it'd be a disadvantage.

I was just trying to be welcoming.

Welcome to the forums! I was also diagnosed later in life. It was after my son was diagnosed, and I started to notice a lot of similarities between him and I (beyond the similarities a father and son usually have). I had always known I was different, I just didn't know how.

Anyways, I hope you like it here!

I found out when I was 37 that I was actually diagnosed when I was 12 and my mother and stepfather never told me about it. I struggled a lot through life and never knew why. On the other hand, if I had known, I may not have done all the things I have done in life, and could still be living with my mother. Which even the thought of turns my stomach.

Hi and welcome. It's probably good you had some idea yourself, as it rarely seems to get picked up on if you are getting by, otherwise. I worked in social care and training, I think it works well with being value driven and interested in people. I hope that you enjoy it here.

:turtle::palmtree::dragon::palmtree::snake::palmtree::crocodile::cactus::turtle:

Hello and welcome, i was diagnosed late in life and prior didn't know why i found certain things very hard and had regular anxiety and depression, only since joining here 6 monlths ago have i accepted my Autism and learnt more ways to live a life that makes me feel happier.

New Threads

Top Bottom