• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

PinkPenguin29

I consider myself Unofficially diagnosed. Their have been times in my life in school, and later in therapy that I've been talked to about the possibility of a learning disability, autism, ect. my last therapist said it would be a good idea to be evaluated. But I'm 30, and although it would of been helpful to know what was going on when I was young, seeing as I would of possibly had gotten support I had needed in school, since then I've learned about the things I understood then as weakness, and tried to turn these into super powers. At the bare minimum I think id have an anxiety disorder, and a form of OCD. But when I read descriptions of the spectrum, I feel like I fit in. I have 'fun' sensory issues with certain kinds of touch and fabrics, have hyper focus issues where I can no longer hear others around me. I had even got my hearing checked with it coming back to me as normal hearing.

I don't think I pick up on social cues very well. Recently I was put on an anxiety medication that defiantly works for me. However, medication does not teach me what was socially appropriate, so that made for a few awkward conversations and I've been working on it. I'm married to a wonderful husband who I feel is the other side of my coin, if that makes sense. He also suspects he's on the spectrum, but he's kinda indifferent to it. I have a close friend that is a confirmed diagnosis, and she has helped me a lot in understanding myself.

I constantly deal with the worry that I sometimes make other people uncomfortable with some of my habits, and in rare instances I've made friends with people who understand that feeling, and don't judge.I'm hoping to find a bit of community here.

upload_2020-5-25_0-45-21.png

I consider myself Unofficially diagnosed. Their have been times in my life in school, and later in therapy that I've been talked to about the possibility of a learning disability, autism, ect. my last therapist said it would be a good idea to be evaluated. But I'm 30, and although it would of been helpful to know what was going on when I was young, seeing as I would of possibly had gotten support I had needed in school, since then I've learned about the things I understood then as weakness, and tried to turn these into super powers. At the bare minimum I think id have an anxiety disorder, and a form of OCD. But when I read descriptions of the spectrum, I feel like I fit in. I have 'fun' sensory issues with certain kinds of touch and fabrics, have hyper focus issues where I can no longer hear others around me. I had even got my hearing checked with it coming back to me as normal hearing.

I don't think I pick up on social cues very well. Recently I was put on an anxiety medication that defiantly works for me. However, medication does not teach me what was socially appropriate, so that made for a few awkward conversations and I've been working on it. I'm married to a wonderful husband who I feel is the other side of my coin, if that makes sense. He also suspects he's on the spectrum, but he's kinda indifferent to it. I have a close friend that is a confirmed diagnosis, and she has helped me a lot in understanding myself.

I constantly deal with the worry that I sometimes make other people uncomfortable with some of my habits, and in rare instances I've made friends with people who understand that feeling, and don't judge.I'm hoping to find a bit of community here.

Hi, welcome!

Welcome to the forum, i think you will find lots of support and information that help you to understand and accept who you are.

Warm welcome :)

Take it from me trying to hide who you really are and how you are DONT work so the best advice i can give you is try to accept who you are rather then worry about it. And be PROUD of who you are :) if others cant or wont accept you as you are then they arent youre reel friends and youre better of without them.

Last edited:
We have a kind, insightful, nonjudgmental community, here, Pink Penguin.
I've never frequented a more loving sanctuary.
I wish you the best, in: discovering yourself, finding solidarity, and sharing the love we circulate, to each other.
Welcome to our forums! <3

Hello and welcome!

Make yourself comfortable and get to know us. I hope that you find lots of friends to make meaningful connections with. Feel free to engage this community in conversation whenever you have questions. We all respond differently to life on the spectrum but we also share a lot of common experiences. Yes it would have been better to get help sooner, but at the age of 30 you are still very young. You have your whole adult life ahead of you still. Happy trails to you!

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Plenty of interesting threads to read, and to help find ideas or strategies for what you are up against. People are friendly here.

:walking::bike::bicyclist::surfer::swimmer::runner::cat:

Hi! I only joined recently but am really enjoying diving into the threads and being among likeminded (and sometimes not!) people. I wish you that too!

New Threads

Top Bottom