• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Giraffes

V.I.P Member
  1. Giraffes: A little about myself i recieved a diagnosis when i was 40 years old which i paid for as professionals were unwilling to fund my diagnosis as i think females with Autism sometimes by nature of gender present their different way of being well differently. I am a extrovert personality who needs people,socail connection and inclusion to verify my existence, as you can imagine my social and communication deficits make this mostly unsatisfying and partly due to this i have had a history of depression, under valued and poorly paid employment and regular anxiety. I have joined this forum in a hope to make a connection with others and somehow learn to accept and like the person i am.
  2. 16 minutes ago
    Giraffes: Hi all yes Giraffes is a odd name i gained from my introverted aspire partner due to being a long limbed and neck of a human being!

Welcome to the forums, I'm sure if you stick around, you'll find some friends here.

upload_2020-2-24_6-19-0.png

Hi Giraffes :)

welcome to af.png

Guilty as charged
Although extroverted auties are considered a rarity, we do exist ;)

1. Giraffes: A little about myself i recieved a diagnosis when i was 40 years old which i paid for as professionals were unwilling to fund my diagnosis as i think females with Autism sometimes by nature of gender present their different way of being well differently. I am a extrovert personality who needs people,socail connection and inclusion to verify my existence, as you can imagine my social and communication deficits make this mostly unsatisfying and partly due to this i have had a history of depression, under valued and poorly paid employment and regular anxiety. I have joined this forum in a hope to make a connection with others and somehow learn to accept and like the person i am.
  2. 16 minutes ago
    Giraffes: Hi all yes Giraffes is a odd name i gained from my introverted aspire partner due to being a long limbed and neck of a human being!
Welcome to the forum Giraffes!

Hi and welcome, yes it's rare to be an aspie extrovert! I like social environments, though I am not extrovert, more of an observer. The difficulty is finding places where joining in in a full on way is not required, and watching plus escaping for rests is tolerated. I hope you enjoy it here, people are friendly and interested in each other's views and experience.

:shavedice::strawberry::shortcake::redapple::lollipop::grapes::icecream::watermelon:

New Threads

Top Bottom