• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

Cmazing

Hi,

I feel a bit of a fraud being here, but I've been very down recently about not seeming to have what it takes to make and keep friends despite trying and really wanting to fit in. I then watched a Youtube video on how autism looks in females and it made me tear up. I'm 36 and looking at my life so far and it's blowing my mind. Where I am I would have to pay for an evaluation, so not sure whether to try or not. The thought that I am not just bad at life, that there could be an underlying reason for my difficulties is like a beacon of hope. I don't know if I could, emotionally and financially, go through being assessed and risk being told that actually it is me that is the problem.

I just thought I might research and see what other folks' experiences are before I take the plunge. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to the Forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process! :)

Many here haven't gotten an official diagnosis to know they're autistic, mainly because they choose not to pursue one or because they don't see any benefits to it; I myself am Self Diagnosed w/ PDD-NOS (Officially I've got a cognitive delay).

Also many here have gotten diagnosed later in life (40s, 50s, 60s), or even got theirs due to seeing their Psychiatrist/Therapist about something they thought unrelated (such as Depression, as Depression is one of the more common co-morbids that come with Autism)

Also, everyone's welcome to be here, no matter if they're NT, Aspie, or suspect they're Aspie.

Also, this fantastic article may help you gain a little more insight as well :) “It’s a Spectrum” Doesn’t Mean What You Think | The Aspergian | A Collective of Autistic Voices

upload_2019-11-12_16-20-32.png

Welcome! There are a lot of good discussions and resources on this site, plus some pretty neat people. I hope you find this forum as welcoming and useful as I have.

New Threads

Top Bottom