• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello!

SageRose

Hi there! Just joined in today. I'm SageRose and I'm 25 years old. Been looking for a good Aspergers forum, glad I found this. Just curious, is everyone here officially diagnosed with Aspergers?

upload_2019-1-7_12-10-58.png

Hi there! Just joined in today. I'm SageRose and I'm 25 years old. Been looking for a good Aspergers forum, glad I found this. Just curious, is everyone here officially diagnosed with Aspergers?
Hi, SageRose.
You'll find that most here are on the spectrum, in one way or another, but that we have a large, unprejudiced membership, and there are also those not on the spectrum.
This is a great place, regardless of the specifics of one's neurology, to look for answers(and questions, should you so desire).
It's a great place to connect, and as we're largely a friendly and helpful bunch, you'll find that you get diverse viewpoints from a diverse bunch.
I think you'll like it here.

Welcome to the forums!

Edit: BTW, I am not yet diagnosed, but I am in the process of it.

Hi SageRose and yeah I've been diagnosed with it since I was around 8 or 9.
Oh that's very good. The experts in my area aren't really specialized in Aspergers so there isn't someone to go to for my diagnosis. I'm 99% sure that I have it (I only leave that 1% for the benefit of the doubt), but I'd feel much more..validated if I could have an official diagnosis too.

Hi, SageRose.
You'll find that most here are on the spectrum, in one way or another, but that we have a large, unprejudiced membership, and there are also those not on the spectrum.
This is a great place, regardless of the specifics of one's neurology, to look for answers(and questions, should you so desire).
It's a great place to connect, and as we're largely a friendly and helpful bunch, you'll find that you get diverse viewpoints from a diverse bunch.
I think you'll like it here.

Welcome to the forums!
Thank you :) I'm sure I'll like it!

Welcome! Not everyone here is officially diagnosed, we're all just happy to chat and share our experiences and solve any issues. There are some non-ASD people too which makes things interesting as we get to read things from a different perspective. I'm officially diagnosed with ASD level 1, my doctor doesn't give the names of HFA / Aspergers I guess as he's following the newer rules.

I hope you enjoy your stay :)

Last edited:
Warm welkome Sage dear :) al i can give you is yes i am officially diagnosed with among others Mild ASD (Asperger is one of those 3 combined previously separated NSD diagnosis in said ASD o_O)

Hello SageRose :)
Welcome to the forums! I was officially diagnosed with Asperger's in late 2017 when i was 14, but not everyone here has been diagnosed officially, like a few others already said :) . Many haven't been diagnosed but are suspecting they have ASD, a few are self diagnosed, some have been officially diagnosed, some don't have autism but a loved one of them does and they are seeking help/advice/information. And lots of us have other diagnoses apart from autism eg. depression, anxiety, eating disorders, ADHD to name a few...
Everyone is definitely welcome and it is a great friendly place to connect with others and seek/give information or just hang out.
Enjoy your stay!

Welcome SageRose. Im NT but in love with someone who has ASD which is why I am here. hope you enjoy your stay. everyone here is super friendly and helpful :)

i am.welcome to autismforums,where aspies & auties alike socially live in peace.

Welcome @SageRose ! This is a friendly place.

I was dx'd classically autistic at the age of three.

A diagnosis is hard to obtain these days because the experts are still mostly tuned in to kids and many insurance companies do not want to pay.

It is okay to self diagnose (and make it "official" if you get a chance to and want to).

In the case of being an Autie or an Aspie, I read somewhere that we are rarely wrong about it. We know who we are.

Anyways, it is a great forum here.

New Threads

Top Bottom