• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello.

wadorama

V.I.P Member
I am 52 years old, and I tripped over HFA a few days ago while surfing for a real island of misfit toys to live on. Felt the click in my head that usually indicates truth, and then mostly just felt a rush of relief that there are others struggling in the same way that I have all my life. Aware of the perils of self-diagnosis I was skeptical, but then I read enough to realize that even if I’m wrong these are my people.

My story is that I was diagnosed with depression by a well-meaning quack a few years back. After trying several meds we finally settled on one that I could tolerate and I took it for a year, but instead of bettering my head it made me apathetic and I couldn’t perform well at work on it. So then I went back to my old standby (alcohol) but that left me angry and overweight and ultimately vomiting daily (sorry).

Ended up divorced and then laid off. Managed to save a little before the crash and have been walking the apartment floor in agonizing introspection ever since. After tearing it all down I concluded that I’m just not that great of a person. Not evil or anything and basically ok with myself, but totally that weird kid and that oddball in the meeting saying things that made others blink. Maybe this is part of why.

I made it a goal to drop the weight this year and did so through ritual calorie counting. That was a rare positive since it was a measurable goal that was solely within my power to achieve and I did so. I then considered looking for another job and “getting back in the game” but I honestly can’t bear the thought of all the awkward interaction fails and subsequent inside and outside criticism that would result.

Time for another walk. Thanks for reading.

Welcome, Wadorama!

It's very fortunate that you stumbled upon us here. You're in for quite a ride, but it will probably bring you so much closure and so many answers you didn't even know you were looking for (and questions, many questions).

Welcome, Wadorama!

It's very fortunate that you stumbled upon us here. You're in for quite a ride, but it will probably bring you so much closure and so many answers you didn't even know you were looking for (and questions, many questions).

Thank you Katleya.

upload_2017-9-23_15-3-45.png

welcome
I am 52 years old, and I tripped over HFA a few days ago while surfing for a real island of misfit toys to live on. Felt the click in my head that usually indicates truth, and then mostly just felt a rush of relief that there are others struggling in the same way that I have all my life. Aware of the perils of self-diagnosis I was skeptical, but then I read enough to realize that even if I’m wrong these are my people.

My story is that I was diagnosed with depression by a well-meaning quack a few years back. After trying several meds we finally settled on one that I could tolerate and I took it for a year, but instead of bettering my head it made me apathetic and I couldn’t perform well at work on it. So then I went back to my old standby (alcohol) but that left me angry and overweight and ultimately vomiting daily (sorry).

Ended up divorced and then laid off. Managed to save a little before the crash and have been walking the apartment floor in agonizing introspection ever since. After tearing it all down I concluded that I’m just not that great of a person. Not evil or anything and basically ok with myself, but totally that weird kid and that oddball in the meeting saying things that made others blink. Maybe this is part of why.

I made it a goal to drop the weight this year and did so through ritual calorie counting. That was a rare positive since it was a measurable goal that was solely within my power to achieve and I did so. I then considered looking for another job and “getting back in the game” but I honestly can’t bear the thought of all the awkward interaction fails and subsequent inside and outside criticism that would result.

Time for another walk. Thanks for reading.

went to clean my cats litter tray and found blood in his faeces,no blood since, hes still eating, but it knocked me out, still slightly panicky
No worries. Electrical background here so my brain went right to that, but I doubt that's what you mean. Feel free to share with a newbie if you want to.

went to clean my cats litter tray and found blood in his faeces,no blood since, hes still eating, but it knocked me out, still slightly panicky

Had cats all my life. The ex once bought me a T-shirt that says "Cat Whisperer" which I still have. If this is just the first time I'd keep an eye on it but not panic yet. More than that it's in the carrier and off to the vet. Eating is a good sign.

New Threads

Top Bottom