• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello

prtex

Hello, everyone. I'm prtex, and I'm new here. I live in Houston. I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome about 9 1/2 years ago, as an adult. I feel very sad right now because I have Asperger's.
I feel sad because I feel defective. I have ever since I found out I have the syndrome. I believe it has caused me to be very lonely for my entire life. I believe it is why I have never felt like I fit in anywhere, or with anyone. And I am feeling a lot of pain right now as I think about these things.

I will have more to say later to introduce myself more fully.

welcome.png

Greetings!

Don't feel like you're defective. There is no doubt there are other areas in your life you excel at because you're autistic. Everyone has areas in their live that they have problems in. For us it's just a case of learning what you need to do to communicate effectively. There's self help books out there which can help you learn the art of communication. If you identify there areas you have problems in you will be able to build on those deficits with good strategies.

I hope you'll stay and be part of our community. We all see similar problems in others that we deal with which makes us feel a bit less lonely.

giphy (15).gif

New Threads

Top Bottom