• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello there...

BlackRose95

Hello there, I'm Regina Takats, I'm 25 years old and I'm from Hungary. I've been diagnosied with Asperger's when I was 10 years old. I came to this forum, because I would like to ask a question about a certain medicine, so I don't think I'll be very active on this forum. That's all. Nice to meet you.

Are there really black roses? I thought that was just fictional, like in the Addams family.

Are there really black roses? I thought that was just fictional, like in the Addams family.

Actually there are but they are apparently very rare and only exists in Halfeti Turkey.

How rare is a black rose?
Fed by the waters of the Euphrates, black roses, an extremely rare flower grown in the village of Halfeti near the historical Urfa province, presents a unique natural beauty. The flower growing in that region requires a certain pH level, and even though it blooms red, it turns to black as the summer season progresses.

Hi there and warm welcome to the forum Black rose :)

What medicine are you curious about?You didn't say in your post
Ripedon (antipsychotic what contain risperidol). I really hate It, mostly because It often makes me sad, unmotivated and even slightly depressed, plus I gain tons of weight. But what annoys me the most is that I always yawn and my eyes produce tears from morning until noon and unable to concentrate, therefore I had to abandon my studies. I've tried coffee, washing my face and drink cold water, but nothing got rid of It. But according to my mom, I have no choice, but to take It because I can't control my emotions without It. I agree with her, since I know she wants the best for me and she is really against medication and drugs more than anyone I know, so if I wouldn't be a danger to society, she wouldn't make me take It. All I wanted to know is that if there's anyone who also have no choice but to take this kind of antipsychotic: How could I fight off the yawning?
P.S: I wanted to make a topic about this but I forgot.

Actually there are but they are apparently very rare and only exists in Halfeti Turkey.

How rare is a black rose?
Fed by the waters of the Euphrates, black roses, an extremely rare flower grown in the village of Halfeti near the historical Urfa province, presents a unique natural beauty. The flower growing in that region requires a certain pH level, and even though it blooms red, it turns to black as the summer season progresses.

Hi there and warm welcome to the forum Black rose :)

Thank you very much, Sarah.

Welcome. Do you have alternative medicine doctors where you live? There are many different ideas about mental health issues and emotions.

Of course, never abandon medication that has you stable without strict medical supervision. All I am saying is there are many people who have explore alternative health care and have gotten off all meds.

Take care and be well

Ripedon (antipsychotic what contain risperidol). I really hate It, mostly because It often makes me sad, unmotivated and even slightly depressed, plus I gain tons of weight. But what annoys me the most is that I always yawn and my eyes produce tears from morning until noon and unable to concentrate, therefore I had to abandon my studies. I've tried coffee, washing my face and drink cold water, but nothing got rid of It. But according to my mom, I have no choice, but to take It because I can't control my emotions without It. I agree with her, since I know she wants the best for me and she is really against medication and drugs more than anyone I know, so if I wouldn't be a danger to society, she wouldn't make me take It. All I wanted to know is that if there's anyone who also have no choice but to take this kind of antipsychotic: How could I fight off the yawning?

First youe mother is right quiting cold turkey on any of this meds is dangerous and can even be life threatening so DONT. What you should do is contact youre doctor and let them know about youre curent sidefects so they can perhaps either change the doces or find you another med to try on instead

Sadly on this kinds of meds there is also many possible nasty side effects im afraid

Common side effects include movement problems, sleepiness, dizziness, trouble seeing, constipation, and increased weight. Serious side effects may include the potentially permanent movement disorder tardive dyskinesia, as well as neuroleptic malignant syndrome, an increased risk of suicide, and high blood sugar levels.

And before you ask NO im NOT certified doctor nor am i or have ever been or will ever be on any meds for any of my diagnosis BUT i have known as well as been around IRL and talked to many online with all kinds of NASTY diagnosis and other Severe problems that are or should be a they need it on this kind of drugs And i also have multiple other diagnosis my self of this kind and similar + i googled the facts so in NO WAY SHAPE or form should you take this as a professional advice

Last edited:
If your having issues with your current antipsychotic,have you tried Seroquel (quetiapine)I take 150mg's at night and it helps me sleep well,ask your doctor about trying Quetiapine.If you take at bedtime and stay under 200'mg's it shouldn't cause many side effects.I did take 300mg's at one time and the side effects were aweful,if you keep the dose low you should be ok.

Welcome. Do you have alternative medicine doctors where you live? There are many different ideas about mental health issues and emotions.

Of course, never abandon medication that has you stable without strict medical supervision. All I am saying is there are many people who have explore alternative health care and have gotten off all meds.

Take care and be well
I don't think there isn't any in my town, but there might be some in the captial. Thank you very much for the advice.

First youe mother is right quiting cold turkey on any of this meds is dangerous and can even be life threatening so DONT. What you should do is contact youre doctor and let them know about youre curent sidefects so they can perhaps either change the doces or find you another med to try on instead

Sadly on this kinds of meds there is also many possible nasty side effects im afraid

Common side effects include movement problems, sleepiness, dizziness, trouble seeing, constipation, and increased weight. Serious side effects may include the potentially permanent movement disorder tardive dyskinesia, as well as neuroleptic malignant syndrome, an increased risk of suicide, and high blood sugar levels.

And before you ask NO im NOT certified doctor nor am i or have ever been or will ever be on any meds for any of my diagnosis BUT i have known as well as been around IRL and talked to many online with all kinds of NASTY diagnosis and other Severe problems that are or should be a they need it on this kind of drugs And i also have multiple other diagnosis my self of this kind and similar + i googled the facts so in NO WAY SHAPE or form should you take this as a professional advice

I knew getting off of various meds can be really hard and often painful, but I didn't know It could actually kill me. There's a famous guy who makes presentations about doctors don't heal people anymore, they just give them meds, so they side effect may decerase, but don't actually disappear, so people will buy more medicines and factories can get more and more money. That's why I'm unsure asking my doctor, because I'm affraid she might not be honest with me, since paying the bills is more important to her (which I kinda understand). But thank you for the advice.

If your having issues with your current antipsychotic,have you tried Seroquel (quetiapine)I take 150mg's at night and it helps me sleep well,ask your doctor about trying Quetiapine.If you take at bedtime and stay under 200'mg's it shouldn't cause many side effects.I did take 300mg's at one time and the side effects were aweful,if you keep the dose low you should be ok.
Okay, I'll ask her. Thank you for the advice.

Firstly Welcome to the Forums @BlackRose95

Ripedon (antipsychotic what contain risperidol)

I have some experience of resperidol - my step son has schizophrenia and it is one of the medications he may have used. Quetiapine is another antipsychotic. It seems there are people here who have more insight into these medications than I do.
I would agree that changing your medication without the appropriate advice is a very bad idea, so I agree that you are well advised to go to the doctor and tell them and see if there is an alternative that agrees better with you.

I knew getting off of various meds can be really hard and often painful, but I didn't know It could actually kill me. There's a famous guy who makes presentations about doctors don't heal people anymore, they just give them meds, so they side effect may decerase, but don't actually disappear, so people will buy more medicines and factories can get more and more money. That's why I'm unsure asking my doctor, because I'm affraid she might not be honest with me, since paying the bills is more important to her (which I kinda understand). But thank you for the advice.

I have only been alive these last 4 years due to doctors, medical procedures and medicines. I think there is rarely any truth at the extremes, ie. medicines can do everything, medicines do nothing.

Brain meds are particularly tricky though I think, as it is esentially a black box (well ok, grey) and they may have to try different meds to see what works with your particular chemistry.

Thats' not say say improvement is guarenteed. It's not. But the chance of improvement is fair/good and gets better all the time.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope people are able to help you figure out what to do about your medication issue.

I do agree with the others that you should talk to whoever is prescribing this to you about the side effects you're having. I doubt this is the only medication that could be prescribed to you, and it might not even necessarily be the medication, it could just be the dosage. The doctor should be there to help you and should be listening to your concerns, as if this medication is impairing your functioning it's obviously not helping you.

I'd also try to research some more about this medication and any further medications you may be prescribed. Just because it's good to try to get a baseline of what side effects you can expect, what those side effects can be caused from (too big of a dose, adjusting to the medication, etc.), and also how people who have the disorder you're on this medication for have reacted to it, and if they had to try any other specific kinds of medications that worked better for them.

I've personally been prescribed some things that didn't quite do their job, and then found out that people with the same disorders I have, or certain co-morbid disorders, either shouldn't be using it or that other ones work better for their particular issues.

I knew getting off of various meds can be really hard and often painful, but I didn't know It could actually kill me.

There's a famous guy who makes presentations about doctors don't heal people anymore, they just give them meds, so they side effect may decerase, but don't actually disappear, so people will buy more medicines and factories can get more and more money.

That's why I'm unsure asking my doctor, because I'm affraid she might not be honest with me, since paying the bills is more important to her (which I kinda understand). But thank you for the advice.

On other forums were many of us " broken soules" also are i have first hand read about SERIOUS problems that occurred when they stopped there meds so yes it can.

In some countries yes this is often the case sadly . BUT with this kind of needs as far as i understand this in more severe cases its sadly needed to be able to remain on a steady curve so to say . You see what this meds are designed for is NOT to cure you its to make you being able to to remain on a straight mental line rather then as i presume in youre case stop from going down in deep depressions and or otherwise not healthy mindsets (depending on what actual diagnose said person has) The doctor CANT force any meds on you. And if you suffer this much from this kind of meds you have every right to talk to youre doc about this and hopefully she will be able to find some solution to this, So i understand youre fears but i would still give it try my friend. What do you got to loose ? The price you pay for this now is as im shore we can both agree to high so its worth it to see if they cant find something better for you

Btw im also in EU Sweden and im more then shore they have more options in this field at there disposal that you can try with less nasty side effects . With this meds its often a trial and error period before you finally find whats working best for you.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom