• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SalanaEiyungAisis

Hello, there,

My name is SalanaEiyungAisis (a reference to a whale-movie I very enjoyed as a child). I am kinda nervous as this is the first time that I'm logging into a forum made especially for people like me. I have Aspergers, but I can function pretty well in society, safe from the fear of being judged and not knowing what's new and popular. My special interest is cartoons. I know a whole lot about them and they help me out in many ways. Any other Disney fans, here? I hope I may find comfort here when I feel too different. I can't wait to meet you all! :)

Oh, I forgot. I am bilingual (speaks French and English), so if you want to speak to me in French, feel free!

Last edited:
Welcome aboard :)
full

Hi & Welcome,
I have a sideways connection to a Disney Cartoon, The Lion King. I have a strong collecting instinct and decided when the film first came out to collect the Trading Cards as a joint thing with my daughter. Well... decades later, she long ago lost interest but guess who did not? :D Every year since there have been cards with the Lion King pictured made somewhere in the world, and I am trying to collect all of them. Hopeless task but it provides periodic fun and thrill of the hunt. I have shed most other collections for space, sanity and marriage harmony reasons, which is why this one has become my favorite overall. Everything fits in just one shelf of binders. Anyway, by association I have come to learn a lot about the cartoon and its sequels. I have found trying to contact all the voice actors to get a card signed a nice side interest as I learn about them as well. A few have written back nice notes. It's just a pleasant place where I can go and not bring the woes of the world.

Hello! The only musical I really like is The Wizard of Oz with Judy Garland :)

Somehow, I didn't get that musical-enjoyment gene. I like action movies!

Hello! The only musical I really like is The Wizard of Oz with Judy Garland :)

Somehow, I didn't get that musical-enjoyment gene. I like action movies!
Musicals use music and songs as a way to drive the plot. It's trickier than it seems, because if one uses too much songs, it looses drama. It's a matter of balance between dialog and songs.

I love Beauty and the Beast, and I'm very nostalgic about The Swan Princess. I like fairytales and musicals in general, which is why I really enjoy Into the Woods (not animated). How about you?
I love Swan Princess, but my favourite non-Disney movie is the Pebble and The Penguin.

New Threads

Top Bottom