• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, recently got diagnosed with aspergers or HFA

JustGoofy

So, i did some tests and i got diagnosed with autism. I have read 4 books about the autism subject focused on the high functioning side and i related to it so much. So instead of self diagnosing, it can affect my imagination with reality when someone self diagnoses. So i decided to seek a diagnosis and i just got my results from it.

It has made me relieved to know this but at the same time i feel as it was too late, as im 21 and i'm having increased difficulty to make friends or talk to people, much less maintain them.

I don't know what i'm gonna do after this diagnosis.

I found this forum on reddit in hopes i can at least talk to people or even say hi for some human contact which i crave but keep it in secret from everyone.

Hello, I'm Edwin and i'm 21

upload_2019-12-31_17-31-44.png

Hi!! It's never too late. I'm 45 and I got diagnosed only 2 years ago. It's helped me to make sense of the past and to be more mindful of myself and of social cues going forward.

Welcome! I got diagnosed in my late twenties and it was still very useful for me. Don’t fret over what an earlier diagnosis could have meant for you, just make the best of your current situation :)

Hi Edwin,
I was also recently diagnosed and I'm 27.
I, just like you had some suspicions but didn't want to self diagnose so I went to a psychiatrist and found a psychologist that specializes in adult autism.
I get that it can feel a little like you've missed out because there was this thing you didn't know about yourself earlier, but it's really great that you've gotten the diagnosis now at least!
It took me going through an abusive relationship and becoming completely agoraphobic for me to get here and the good news is that now we have more information on how to deal with the things about us that NTs find confusing or different! Hopefully this means you'll find ways to move through the world more comfortably :)

Hi Edwin! Diagnosed at age 61. You have a big advantage over someone like me: you understand yourself better and can avoid some big mistakes. Don't worry, you can catch up in most areas if you keep an open mind and keep trying. Don't be afraid to make a few mistakes. Welcome to the forum!

So, i did some tests and i got diagnosed with autism. I have read 4 books about the autism subject focused on the high functioning side and i related to it so much. So instead of self diagnosing, it can affect my imagination with reality when someone self diagnoses. So i decided to seek a diagnosis and i just got my results from it.

It has made me relieved to know this but at the same time i feel as it was too late, as im 21 and i'm having increased difficulty to make friends or talk to people, much less maintain them.

I don't know what i'm gonna do after this diagnosis.

I found this forum on reddit in hopes i can at least talk to people or even say hi for some human contact which i crave but keep it in secret from everyone.

Hello, I'm Edwin and i'm 21
Hello Edwin, Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of really nice people on here. I am not an Aspie but my son is. I really have enjoyed this forum as I am learning a lot from everyone. Great place to meet people!

Hi and welcome. I'm self diagnosed after a lot of research, and I find that works for me. I have definitely found that I can understand myself better and find strategies for how I am, more effectively since understanding about high autistic traits and Aspergers. There's a lot more life after 21, I m 61 now, and I am glad that I understood this about myself in my 50s, better late than never. I hope you enjoy it here and find plenty of useful information, ideas and support.

:airplane::rocket::helicopter::runner::airplane::helicopter::rowboat::rocket::walking:

New Threads

Top Bottom