• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello newish here, I have a 3 year badge, but never posted.

Kregan

Hello I am new here, I guess I'll list interests.

I listen to all kinds of music, from Swing to Techno, I really enjoy the music of the 1980's but Ska and Reggae are my favorite genres.

I am overly fascinated with History, especially World War history mostly part 2 but I also know a lot about the Great War.

I am 35 and was diagnosed at 27, have been struggling with mental health my whole life, now I just know what ails me.

Sorry not good at introductions.

1677633645096.png

It sounds like we have some similar interests! And I'm in the same boat - mid 30s, diagnosed in my late twenties. Welcome! Don't ever give up!

It sounds like we have some similar interests! And I'm in the same boat - mid 30s, diagnosed in my late twenties. Welcome! Don't ever give up!
Thanks nice to meet you, yeah I have to take it one day at a time on the bad days, and the good days seem to go in bursts, but I guess it makes sense as therapists have thought I have Bipolar as well so ups and down make sense haha

Welcome, Kregan -

I'm no good with any of this, either. I'm an old guy, diagnosed as an old guy, but not as long ago as you. So, I'm sure I have plenty to learn from you on that score.

I know reggae, but don't know ska. Feel free to expound or pass your favorite example links.

I've assembled a little 'studio' around a H4N Pro (4-track recorder) with steel and bass, digital drums and percussion pad. Can't play any of them worth listening to, except I'm almost passable on drums and blues harp. I had mixed my first song around 18 months ago, then fell into a writing thing. I need to finish a first draft before going back to music. But the music has been calling pretty loudly and I'm working on my guitar callouses. Just wrapping up the first draft (famous last words), so I'll be getting back soon. As with the writing, I don't do it for an audience, for which I'm not qualified, I just enjoy the hobbies of trying to make it work together.

Anyway, there's my introduction and interests. Hope to see you around.

An interesting music History lesson, Ska also originated in Jamaica in the 1960's and is a precursor to Rocksteady, and Reggae, so if Ska didn't exist Reggae may be a different genere.

And a good example of modern ska or at least from the 80's would be "The Mighty Mighty Bosstones."

And a good explanation for it would be upbeat rhythms, and real life problems in the songs, so a song about being depressed, while having trumpets blasting and getting you moving your feet haha

New Threads

Top Bottom