• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, new here

Autumnly

Hello everyone, I’ll go by Autumn here and I’m not sure where I fall on the spectrum.

I came across the forum from another social media platform and it seems like a welcoming place to talk.

I’ve been wanting an official diagnosis, but unfortunately I lack the financial resources to see a professional.

For the past few years, I have been struggling with understanding what I want to do and where I belong. I grew up checking off boxes of my parents’ expectations in fear of them getting mad at me. I generally go out of my way to be agreeable and to avoid conflict. I also left a rather toxic relationship recently and that has been a severe trauma for me. I’m hoping to slowly put myself back together into a person I want to be. I don’t have anyone to talk to, so I hope I can fit in here. Thanks for listening.

Hello and welcome! I think you'll be able to fit in well here. We have all sorts of people here who can be very friendly. I hope you enjoy your time spent on here!

welcome to af.png

HI and Welcome @Autumnly

There is no expectation in here and in the autism world for a formal diagnosis, self diagnosis is common and acceptable.
Thank you, I really appreciate that. During school, I was hounded by admin to provide official documents and a diagnosis to receive accommodations. It felt embarrassing to say I don’t have the money.

Hello and welcome. I hope you can find what you need to here. There’s tons of support and friendly people as well. Let us know if you need help finding your way around the forum.

Hi and welcome. We're a real mixed bunch here, there's bound to be someone with experiences similar to your own.

Welcome!

If you are finding you need a diagnosis for access to supports, have you checked if one might be available through your school? Some universities might offer a diagnosis at a reduced rate and/or in exchange for participating in research. Alternatively, if you're in school, you may wish to check if a subsidy or insurance coverage is available via the student union.

New Threads

Top Bottom