• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello I’m new and probably the oldest too

upload_2020-9-19_19-31-59.png

We have plenty of older people here, several somewhat older than you. Other autism communities online tend to skew heavily towards the very young, but we have a nice mix of ages here.

Welcome! I hope you like it here. We'd love to hear about how your diagnosis process went if you'd like to share or anything else. :)

Far from the oldest. We have those in 70's for sure, maybe 80's. Most of the ASD1 folks in our older generations did not find out till later in life. HFA didn't start becoming widely recognized till the 90's I believe.

Welcome to the forums! I hope you make new friends and enjoy your stay in the process!

Hello and warm welcome to the forums :)

Youre not even close to be the oldest we have all ages in here. (49 here)

Last edited:
Welcome, I m 62, there's a fair amount of people here from the lost generations where diagnosis didn't happen much, and some of us self diagnosed too. I hope you enjoy it here. Nice avatar!

:cat::blossom::cat::blossom::cat::blossom::cat::blossom::cat:

Welcome to the forums.
Hope you enjoy joining in with everyone here.
I'm 63 and had diagnosis in my fifties. It's a good place to share and learn together.

Welcome - I can affirm that you are not the oldest in here, as others have already said.

Do hang out, read the older threads - the search engine is fine, and join in threads as they come up

As everyone is saying: not at all the oldest. I am only 5 year's younger than you and also last year, got my formal diagnosis.

When I first joined, I did to find out if I was an aspie or not? I decided that the best place to find the answer was from those who do have aspergers and it did not take me long, to find that even though I was not diagnosed, I felt so at home here. Also, rather an insignifant thing, but the first thing I noticed, is that no one typed in text form and used words liberally, whereas mostly, I have had to ask people of the nt world to please not use text form, because it made me feel rather sick. As well as that, often asked what the word I used meant and here, I am learning new words as well. Fabulous forum.

I maybe should add that if you are on the spectrum it's the opposite system as far as aging is concerned. You start old and get younger as you go.

;)

New Threads

Top Bottom