• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

EagleKey7

I'm a noob. I planned on starting a youtube channel before I found out about being an aspie. While I know some of my personal struggles and some adventures I'd like to take people on is there anything any of you would suggest as a way to engage and help people. I'm disabled currently and need to give back to the world somehow. I know that there are definitely some sensory issues I avoid but I'm also a sensory seeker. I plan to have fun with this as much as possible while discussing several mental health issues. Any advice is welcome.

Welcome! :)

The best ways to engage and help people imo are to be friendly, be compassionate, be a good listener but also give helpful feedback and advice, and be open-minded. :)
My mum is disabled as well and she has found that a good way to give back to the world is rescuing animals, and giving people advice online about rescue and positive-reinforcement training methods. I am not saying this is exactly what you should do, though rescue and animal welfare are always a great way to give back. :)

You will find that this site is very friendly with a lot of wonderful open-minded people, who give great advice and support.

Welcome Eagle! You've come to the right place! It's what we're here for, to listen and advise. This is definitely the best forum I've ever been on, and not only does it help me help others, but it also lets me learn so much about my own struggles. So what's going on?

There r lots of volunteer groups all over the place. U can try out different ones until u find one that suits you.

Disaster or emergency preparedness groups r going to be very busy for the rest of our lives due to climate change. Perhaps u could find one that u like?

welcome.png

The best way to engage with people is to dress in a bat constume and beat them up in the streets. Obviously. I have now solved every aspie problem!

Nice to meet you, EagleKey7. Welcome to AC.:)

I agree with some other posters that volunteering is a great idea. I myself volunteered at an animal shelter. Are there volunteer opportunities in your area? If so, don't be afraid to step up. There are lots of opportunities out there, and volunteering is a good place to start.

New Threads

Top Bottom