• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello, I would like to make more autistic friends

Bubbles17

Hello everyone!

I am new here. I go by Bubbles since it's my nickname. I am almost 21 years young. And I am awaiting an ASD diagnosis.

This week I finally got the news that I am allowed to be tested. A few months back I had asked for an ASD assesment. My therapist told me she doesn't necessarily see or notice anything on me to tell her I could be autistic, but she also said: if you wanna be tested, we can at least look into that.

So, after filling in like 4 lists with questions about all kinds of symptoms, also with my parents, a seperate conversation and then a conversation with my mom joining, she did realize I could actually be autistic. Since ASD is not her expertise she sent all the gathered information to the group of people specialized in ASD and from there they had to judge whether or not they found me qualified to be tested. So, some months later, they did. Funny, at valentines day I have my intake for the actual assesment, with someone who's experienced in ASD. Happy me.

I must say I'm a tough one in terms of diagnosing ASD, since I also have ADHD, C-PTSD, tourettes and reactive attachment disorder. All of which have overlapping symptoms. Combined, all the overlapping symptoms fall into all categories of symptoms as well. So, that's tough. However, for the most part I can tell myself what symptoms belongs to what and what symptom is a combo of multiple things. I am super self aware.

Recently I've also figured out things I never knew about myself. I for instance am not fully verbal. In normal situations I am. But in specific situations I actually don't want to talk and sometimes I even go mute. The thing is, since my parenrs had never considered autism on me, they unintentionally and unconsciously forced me to talk when I didn't want to. That's why I never noticed. I mask it. Oops..
Same with stimming. I have never been afraid of many stims cause most of them are not too obvious. But I am finding ways of stimming that are more obvious that I actually love. That's also something I've been masking, even for myself, that I never noticed.
Sensory seeking too. I am now finding ways to satisfy my sensory seeking. I'm litteraly exploring all of it when I never did. And I have more need for it than I ever realised. I'm very happy to figure these things out before the assesment cause I can mention them of course.

I do have some autistic friends. And I love the level of connection and understanding we have. So, I'd love to get to know more autistics and possibly make some friends as well. That's also why I came on.

Well that was kinda my speech for now. Idk what else to say to be honest. So, here ya go.

I'm excited to be one here and I hope I'll be warmly welcomed

Welcome! :) it’s quite the group we have here! I’m sure you’ll enjoy your stay!

PS
good luck! Sounds like you’ve got this handled!

Last edited:
ace3ef834d31d5e1c111e866f76d4b23.png

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here and find it useful and supportive. It's a shame that early on some therapists or professionals give an opinion without knowing enough about autism to do so. But sounds like you are on the right track now.

:sunflower::cat::mapleleaf::blossom::herb::seedling::sunflower:

Awesome!
Thank you for joining us. Looking forward to more of your posts.

Welcome.

You will find a wide range experience here. It is an open and accepting environment and you may just hang out, read, or choose to interact when the spirit moves you.

I hope your assessment goes well.

Hi, @Bubbles17 . It is good that you are getting diagnosed. I hope there is appropriate assistance for you. I understand cPTSD, as I am undergoing Cognitive Processing Therapy for the pain of social isolation as a teen and young adult. When that was happening, I did not know I was Autistic, and really didn't know until 40 years later.

Best wishes on your journey.

Last edited:
Hi Bubbles, welcome! :)
I’m dealing with some of the same issues as you so you’re definitely not alone. I have a complicated trauma/PTSD history from things that happened in my childhood. But I’ve found this to be a very friendly and supportive place where I’m beginning to feel comfortable opening up about my abuse history, since my mental health is improving (part of the improvement I think I owe to some of my friends on this forum! :) )

It’s very nice to have you here :) I hope you enjoy it here and make lots of friends!
- Luca

Hello everyone!

I am new here. I go by Bubbles since it's my nickname. I am almost 21 years young. And I am awaiting an ASD diagnosis.

This week I finally got the news that I am allowed to be tested. A few months back I had asked for an ASD assesment. My therapist told me she doesn't necessarily see or notice anything on me to tell her I could be autistic, but she also said: if you wanna be tested, we can at least look into that.

So, after filling in like 4 lists with questions about all kinds of symptoms, also with my parents, a seperate conversation and then a conversation with my mom joining, she did realize I could actually be autistic. Since ASD is not her expertise she sent all the gathered information to the group of people specialized in ASD and from there they had to judge whether or not they found me qualified to be tested. So, some months later, they did. Funny, at valentines day I have my intake for the actual assesment, with someone who's experienced in ASD. Happy me.

I must say I'm a tough one in terms of diagnosing ASD, since I also have ADHD, C-PTSD, tourettes and reactive attachment disorder. All of which have overlapping symptoms. Combined, all the overlapping symptoms fall into all categories of symptoms as well. So, that's tough. However, for the most part I can tell myself what symptoms belongs to what and what symptom is a combo of multiple things. I am super self aware.

Recently I've also figured out things I never knew about myself. I for instance am not fully verbal. In normal situations I am. But in specific situations I actually don't want to talk and sometimes I even go mute. The thing is, since my parenrs had never considered autism on me, they unintentionally and unconsciously forced me to talk when I didn't want to. That's why I never noticed. I mask it. Oops..
Same with stimming. I have never been afraid of many stims cause most of them are not too obvious. But I am finding ways of stimming that are more obvious that I actually love. That's also something I've been masking, even for myself, that I never noticed.
Sensory seeking too. I am now finding ways to satisfy my sensory seeking. I'm litteraly exploring all of it when I never did. And I have more need for it than I ever realised. I'm very happy to figure these things out before the assesment cause I can mention them of course.

I do have some autistic friends. And I love the level of connection and understanding we have. So, I'd love to get to know more autistics and possibly make some friends as well. That's also why I came on.

Well that was kinda my speech for now. Idk what else to say to be honest. So, here ya go.

I'm excited to be one here and I hope I'll be warmly welcomed
Sensory seeking? Not sensory avoiding? That's a good thing.

New Threads

Top Bottom