• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello from Buffalo New York. Officially Diagnosed. Let's Chat!

Good day Autism Forums!

I'm so glad I found this site. It seems like a great place to hang out and talk with people. I cant wait to get to know you all.

A bit of background, I am a 28 yr old woman. I was diagnosed by a doctor when I was 14 with high functioning autism (aspergers), tested as INTP or INFP depending on the test. I am an only child and have moved homes a lot in my life, i'd say about 8 times so far. A lover of gaming, reading, writing, learning, music, travel, art. I am currently working on learning 3D modelling in a program called Blender and in the very beginning stages of learning to play piano. Fun loving and a lover of mountains and the outdoors. I tend to suffer from high anxiety and depression but only if I am not having fun or learning something new. My dream is to become an advanced 3D modeller and work for a game development company, big or small. My hope by coming here is that I meet like minded people, make friends, and even better, meet fellow aspies in the Buffalo, NY area.

Hope we get to chat more!

Vitale

Good day Autism Forums!

I'm so glad I found this site. It seems like a great place to hang out and talk with people. I cant wait to get to know you all.

A bit of background, I am a 28 yr old woman. I was diagnosed by a doctor when I was 14 with high functioning autism (aspergers), tested as INTP or INFP depending on the test. I am an only child and have moved homes a lot in my life, i'd say about 8 times so far. A lover of gaming, reading, writing, learning, music, travel, art. I am currently working on learning 3D modelling in a program called Blender and in the very beginning stages of learning to play piano. Fun loving and a lover of mountains and the outdoors. I tend to suffer from high anxiety and depression but only if I am not having fun or learning something new. My dream is to become an advanced 3D modeller and work for a game development company, big or small. My hope by coming here is that I meet like minded people, make friends, and even better, meet fellow aspies in the Buffalo, NY area.

Vitale
Hi Vitale Truthseeker, Welcome to the forum. I am not an Aspie, my son is. I come on here to learn a bit more about ASD and found I just love the people on here. I enjoy it and also learn things from them. I read your other post and I am so sorry to hear you lost your job. I have been there too and in fact my husband who does have a college degree found it very hard to find a job in our area. He had worked for BMW corporate a long time then went on to a technical instructor for UTI out of upper saddle river, NJ. We lived for a while in NY also. We moved back here to Wisconsin and we found no work at all especially in our fields. BUT eventually we took other work and I loved my job with the habitat for humanity. So I know eventually you will find a better job, one you love to do. Good luck to you!

Hi Vitale :)

welcome to af.png

Heyas, welcome.

Few things in common, it seems. Total gamer myself, nature lover, have way more books than I could ever need, and if I dont travel often enough I'll go mad. Trying to learn some art stuff as well. Cant say that I'm any good at it yet.

You're looking to get into game development, eh? Just be warned, it's a bloody tough field. If you work for the Big Guys, they'll treat you badly and throw you out like a used tissue the moment they feel they dont need you. But if you go the indie route, there's alot of uncertainty and the constant battle to get your game noticed. Less stress and no evil corporate crap, though. But still, it really is a tough industry no matter what you do. I've done some game dev stuff myself, on the indie side, with a small team led by a developer I know. It was... an experience, is what it was. That's a topic for another day though.

Also I sympathize with the anxiety bit. I think you'll find that alot of us here on that forum understand that one quite well.

I have no idea where I'm going with this. But what else is new?

Heyas, welcome.

Few things in common, it seems. Total gamer myself, nature lover, have way more books than I could ever need, and if I dont travel often enough I'll go mad. Trying to learn some art stuff as well. Cant say that I'm any good at it yet.

You're looking to get into game development, eh? Just be warned, it's a bloody tough field. If you work for the Big Guys, they'll treat you badly and throw you out like a used tissue the moment they feel they dont need you. But if you go the indie route, there's alot of uncertainty and the constant battle to get your game noticed. Less stress and no evil corporate crap, though. But still, it really is a tough industry no matter what you do. I've done some game dev stuff myself, on the indie side, with a small team led by a developer I know. It was... an experience, is what it was. That's a topic for another day though.

Also I sympathize with the anxiety bit. I think you'll find that alot of us here on that forum understand that one quite well.

I have no idea where I'm going with this. But what else is new?

Hello Misery (same Misery from Cave Story?) How are you, and where do you like to travel? My favorite place is Oregon because it's so beautiful there.

And yeah i'm aware how tough it is. Right now it is just a hobby and if I manage to make some side money selling assets i'd be happy. Indie would be tough too but they all seem so happy to be working on their own schedules and making friends. What game did you make with your friends?

Hello Misery (same Misery from Cave Story?) How are you, and where do you like to travel? My favorite place is Oregon because it's so beautiful there.

And yeah i'm aware how tough it is. Right now it is just a hobby and if I manage to make some side money selling assets i'd be happy. Indie would be tough too but they all seem so happy to be working on their own schedules and making friends. What game did you make with your friends?

Aye, Cave Story. I chose the name sort of at random from a list of characters in games I'd been into at the time, years ago when trying to sign up for some forum or other. The name has just stuck ever since. Even in games where I'm listed in the credits for whatever, I'm usually listed by this name. Real names are boring.

Where do I like to travel? Anywhere tropical really. Cold weather and I dont get along real well. Heat + ocean works much better. Family has a house down on Anna Marie Island (off the coast of Florida), and that's my favorite place to go. I also have an odd attachment to Coralville, Iowa. That one is harder to explain. I'm from Illinois though (which I hate). Never been to Oregon. Come to think of it, I dont know where it is either. Not so good at the whole geography thing. What's it like?

As for what game I did, the main one is called Starward Rogue (can be found on Steam). Sort of a bullet-hell Binding of Isaac kind of game. I had helped the devs with some stuff before that (just as a volunteer), but being offered an actual contract was a surprise (particularly as I'm very definitely NOT a professional). Have also helped them make a couple of expansions both for that and another game they did. Aside from that alot of what I seem to do is internal testing for random devs/games. Like, you know, the "early access" process, except it's the builds most players dont get to see and there's alot more to the actual process. Somehow I keep ending up in the situation of doing that, with various games/devs that I meet. Actually today I have some VR testing to do, which should be... "interesting".

Actually doing that sort of testing is what led to, well, any of the stuff I've done. Simply offering to help can be a door into that section of the industry. Can let you meet people that can help you get to where you want to be.

If you're doing things like making 3D assets and such, that's a great skill to have in there. Lots of devs can come up with really cool ideas.... but they cant handle the art themselves at all. Coders often arent artists, heh. You could end up really getting somewhere, if you go forward with that particular hobby. Are you currently just starting out with it, or have you been at it for awhile? I see you mentioned Blender up there.

I tell ya, it's a skill I wouldnt mind having. It may as well be hieroglyphics though, for what I understand of it. If you can do it, that's quite impressive. It sure aint easy!

Welcome to the forums! I’m nowhere near your area (living in the Netherlands), but as a 34 year old female lover of gaming, reading, writing, learning and music I’m sure we’ll have plenty to talk about :)

Alright- it looks like you have found your tribe! Welcome to the Autistichood where we all are doing time!

Welcome Vitale!

Nature lover and anxiety person here.
From Florida. Never been to your area, but, it seems a rather serene area.
We all come here for our way of social time. Look forward to seeing more posts from you. :palmtree::crocodile::dolphin::frogface::palmtree:

Good day Autism Forums!

Vitale

Hi Vitale, I'm also in the Buffalo area. I just joined the forums and looking for others in WNY :D

New Threads

Top Bottom