• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone!

Janja

I am waiting for my assessment, but they can’t give it to me until November 10! I am very disappointed that I have to wait so long for this. It was suggested by a therapist I had gone to for an assessment of ADD that I probably do NOT have ADD. After asking multiple questions, she said it sounds more like autism, which shocked me. And yet made so much sense after I started reading about it. It sure would explain a lot. I am in turmoil, and I really need to talk to someone about this, not wait until Nov. 10. But I feel I shouldn’t tell others about it until I am diagnosed for sure. I’ve told my husband and he is supportive, but I really need to talk to a therapist. Not really sure what to do. I’m glad I found this forum, though.

There's another US member who'll give you info on autism I waited nearly six months and 45 years before that not! uncommon!I'm in England ,we have state healthcare

welcome to af.png

Hello and welcome. I’m in the states but decided not to get a formal dx. Our system likes “list”, I do no care to be on anyone’s list.

Thank you, everybody, for the welcomes and the resources (Crossbreed). I will certainly explore them.

I am feeling better about waiting until Nov. 10. I may not even be able to get tested then, if the Covid problems keep expanding. I’ve realized I don’t really need a label to move ahead with exploration and growth. That is interesting that ForestGumpett decided not to get a diagnosis—what is “list”?

I like the list of books that VictorR presents.

New Threads

Top Bottom