• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everyone, suspect I may have aspergers

Embla

Hello all,
I am new to the forum. I'm from Northern England but moved to the South Coast a few years back.

I've always had trouble fitting in, and I remember at school I was confused a lot about how to make friends and talk to kids my age. I was bullied a lot for being the quiet kid. And probably because I didn't fit in. I didn't have the same interests as everyone else.
Since then I have kept mostly to myself and have trouble making friends. I do have a partner now, but the early days of talking to him he couldn't tell if I liked him.
I find it really hard to make eye contact with people, especially when I am talking to someone.
I recently did an aspire test called the RDOS test I think and these are my results

poly10a.php

I don't know if I should try for an official diagnosis?

That's a really neat graphic, I have never seen that before. Thanks for sharing. This is a frequent topic here about whether to seek a diagnosed. It's a personal choice, for some it's about validation of what they believe about themselves. There is limited benefit in terms of services available where I live.

I took that test too! Mine was a bit of an odd blob with some on the aspie side and a fair bit on the NT side. so I have traits of both. Your experiences sound quite familiar to me :)

That's a really neat graphic, I have never seen that before. Thanks for sharing. This is a frequent topic here about whether to seek a diagnosed. It's a personal choice, for some it's about validation of what they believe about themselves. There is limited benefit in terms of services available where I live.

I'm not sure whether to yet. I'm not sure if my GP recognises Asperger's or would just say I am socially anxious! Plus I don't know if there is anywhere nearby that I could go to

I took that test too! Mine was a bit of an odd blob with some on the aspie side and a fair bit on the NT side. so I have traits of both. Your experiences sound quite familiar to me :)

It's an interesting chart!
I just had a quick peek at your intro thread, I can identify with a lot of that, especially loud noises etc

Hello all,
I am new to the forum. I'm from Northern England but moved to the South Coast a few years back.

I've always had trouble fitting in, and I remember at school I was confused a lot about how to make friends and talk to kids my age. I was bullied a lot for being the quiet kid. And probably because I didn't fit in. I didn't have the same interests as everyone else.
Since then I have kept mostly to myself and have trouble making friends. I do have a partner now, but the early days of talking to him he couldn't tell if I liked him.
I find it really hard to make eye contact with people, especially when I am talking to someone.
I recently did an aspire test called the RDOS test I think and these are my results

poly10a.php

I don't know if I should try for an official diagnosis?

I was diagnosed ASD1 with general anxiety disorder at age 61, and effectively masked it for years in both my personal relationships and at work.

Here is what my Aspie profile looks like:

3DF35869-07D2-4FAA-A7CD-19A1C87E355A.png

Hi and welcome. Good to see you here, I guess you can research and bit here, join in discussions and see how this fits for you.

:spoutingwhale::ocean::fish::ocean::dolphin::ocean::whale::ocean::spiralshell::ocean:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom