• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Hello everybody

Charoúmenos

Good day everyone,

I'm a writer and journalist. I've written a novel, short stories and poetry but am currently more interested in journalism. I'm getting my first article published in a magazine soon.

My interests include eating a keto diet, men's fashion, hiking, films and reading. Some great films I've seen recently if anyone would like a recommendation are My Life in Ruins, also known as Travelling Aphrodite; Eyes Wide Shut directed by Stanley Kubrick; Vanilla Sky starring Tom Cruise and Penelope Cruz, Midnight in Paris, and Passengers starring Anne Hathaway.

I'm also a fan of wild-fermented cider and wine which is alcohol produced using the wild yeasts present in the grapes or apples themselves rather than adding artificially developed yeasts.

My pet peeve is people eating quickly at the dinner table.

I listen to music a lot too. If you're in need of a few more songs on your MP3 player try these:

Nico - Am I Wrong
Trespassers William - Lie in the Sound
Sigur Ros - The Nothing Song
Conal Fowkes - Let's Do It
Ayiesha Woods - Happy

Introducing myself isn't something I'm particularly keen on but that's over with now thankfully!

Hi and welcome, I hope that you enjoy it here. Well done getting your article published, that's a great achievement.

:palmtree::turtle::palmtree::snake::palmtree::dragon::palmtree::crocodile::cactus::palmtree:

Last edited:
Hi and welcome
thank you for introducing yourself. Do join in, read older posts (lots of good info and experience there

As to your pet peeve - I am one of those who eat quickly at table.

Hi, welcome! I noticed your username, charoumenos = χαρούμενος = happy. Are you Greek?

Hi I'm one of the world's best eaters, no point letting it get cold, except for pasta.

upload_2020-8-5_8-43-54.png

Hi, welcome! I noticed your username, charoumenos = χαρούμενος = happy. Are you Greek?

Well spotted! I'm not Greek but do love some things about Greece and I wanted a username that sounded chererful so I looked up what happy was in Greek and this was the name I got! :)

Which things do you love about Greece?

Greeks seem to live for the moment! They don't always show up for appointments on time but it's for a good reason like they wanted to spend an extra 10 minutes talking to someone, which maybe made that person's day.

They open up to strangers quite easily and are likely to invite you into their home. I don't know if I would actually like it that much but I like the idea of it. :)

Hi and welcome, i eat my food very quickly! congrats for your article being published i also enjoy films and books, i hope you enjoy the forum.

They open up to strangers quite easily and are likely to invite you into their home. I don't know if I would actually like it that much but I like the idea of it.
Possibly still true of rural areas, but in cities, as is the case all over the world, people are more wary of strangers and are unlikely to invite you to their home until they get to know you a bit better.

New Threads

Top Bottom